SD Area Stangers. Anyone know of a good detailer? (Water Spots!!!!)

• Sponsors (?)

I went out to the Stang late last week, and had to park in front of someone's house. Low and behold go out to my car, and it is COVERED in hard water spots. :mad: :mad: :mad: Like real damn bad. I washed it right away, and figured I could use some Meguiars clear coat safe paint cleaner. (This worked one other time it happened to me) I tried that as well as Scratch-X and neither worked. I am super pissed...anyways....[/rant]

Does anyone know of a good detailer in the SD area, where I can take my baby and see if I could get those water spots removed off my hood??? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1990StangLX said:
The detailer that Josh took my car to last friday did a great job. If you want I can talk to him and try and set something up.

Yeah, look into that if you would. I havent set it in stone, but might be going up to my buddies house in Ramona, on saturday to clean and play with the stangs (he has that 02 Mineral Grey) He is pretty good with the buffer, but of course not seasoned like people who do it for a living. IM sure some of those water spots are permanent, because thats how it goes :(

BUT, someone who can minimize the damage, or get rid of a lot of those rings that are still left all over my hood would be great.

1990StangLX said:
Ok I'll see what I can find out. Whats your availability?

late mornings or early afternoons this week. Thursday would be good, dont have class till 5:30, and Friday I have off. Thanks Beau. :nice:

I remember reading a while back, about someone who posted about a detailer doing a great job, and he had a web-site. It was here in San Diego, wish I could remember the place. :shrug:

Johns89lx said:
JJ, go here for help:

http://autopia-carcare.com/inf-swirls.html

Looks like distilled vinegar will work. The trick is to do it as soon as possible w/o allowing the water spots to etch the paint. Good luck!

Big Thanks for the link John. :nice:

And I have been over to that Autopia site a few times before. I am gonna try that trick tomorrow. Gotta swing by store tonight at get some distilled vinegar. I will wash/vinegar/then wash again. Hopefully it hasnt already been too long :(

Beau, I am still interested in getting a good detail later this week. That vinegar treatment will strip all the polish/wax off that is on the paint.