Security System with Remote start and a blinking light?? :) theft follow up thread.

ggarriso

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2002
Hey guys,

This is a follow up thread to my theft thread from a few days ago.. First off, does anyone know a common store or a store in north va that sells the little fake car alarms? The ones that are just a flashing light?

Second off, I was looking into getting the Viper 720 XV with remote start. Can you hook up a remote start to a manual?? It specifically says not for manuals, BUT can it be done? and if not can you typically just not use that feature or do I have to find an alarm without it?

thanks for all your support and help guys.

• Sponsors (?)

ggarriso said:
Hey guys,

This is a follow up thread to my theft thread from a few days ago.. First off, does anyone know a common store or a store in north va that sells the little fake car alarms? The ones that are just a flashing light?

Second off, I was looking into getting the Viper 720 XV with remote start. Can you hook up a remote start to a manual?? It specifically says not for manuals, BUT can it be done? and if not can you typically just not use that feature or do I have to find an alarm without it?

You CAN wire it up to a manual, but you would have to leave it in neutral with the parking brake up everytime you parked it.Why pay extra for it if you are not going to use it?

Don't you think these alarms and usless and pointless. I mean think about it if someone really wants to take your car they will get it and nothing will stop them. If I had the money Id still get a good one with remote start.

ggarriso said:
Hey guys,

I have a remote start on mine. It can be done.