Seeking Advice Before I Spend Mucho Dinero

boxer141c

Nov 11, 2014
Hello. thanks in advance for any advice you guys can supply. I am somewhat new at modding cars. I have always tinkered around with imports doing simple bolt-ons and simple moddifications with the little bit of money I have. Recently I bought a junk corvette for almost nothing and restored it. It made me realize I love working on cars. Problem is that I learn through my mistakes (and google) which ends up digging into my bank account. Now, I am looking for another project, One for speed and looks. I decided that I am going to seek out an 89 mustang gt. Now some questions for you guys: I see a lot of guys that buy a clean mustang and put a stroker kit (along with other little mods) to boost the horsepower. Is that the route to go? Or do I buy a rolling chassis and drop a new motor/tranny in it? I live in the midwest and a clean rolling chasis can be bought for $1200. A decent foxbody that has already been slightly modded can be bought for $4500. I'm want to build a street legal car that can be driven here and there. I have a daily driver and a corvette so now I want a car that will smoke anything that I pull up to but can also make the 30 min drive to work every once in awhile. I also dont want to work on it for a year, Im looking for a 6 month project that I do everything on my own. I hope this explains what I am looking for and I'm basically seeking advice on what route to take.

• Sponsors (?)