Fox Setting timing for new motor

you’d know in a minute if that is a dart block..Is it a stock block? Because if it is, your engine does not displace 427 c.i.

you’d know in a minute if that is a dart block..Is it a stock block? Because if it is, your engine does not displace 427 c.i.
I can only go by what I asked the builder to do and what he stated I have. I guess I will have to call it a 6.87645 if he didn't get all 427 cubic inches out of it. Thanks for sharing.

• Sponsors (?)

Where will this land me?
Block was square decked, line honed, square bored and honed with honing plates and lifter bores are honed. Forged Wiseco pistons .040, File Fit rings .040 over, Clev H series std bearings, 4340 steel 4.170 stroke crank 28oz, SIR 4340 rods 6.200.
Hey no problem,...if you don’t know whether or not you bought a dart block when you had your engine built, and don’t care one way or the other..makes no diff to me.

I just thought it might alarm you that you paid for something that you may or may not be getting.
I didn't pay DART block money. I appreciate you looking out for people though. There are good people out there, thanks.

Where will this land me?
Block was square decked, line honed, square bored and honed with honing plates and lifter bores are honed. Forged Wiseco pistons .040, File Fit rings .040 over, Clev H series std bearings, 4340 steel 4.170 stroke crank 28oz, SIR 4340 rods 6.200.
I didn't pay DART block money. I appreciate you looking out for people though. There are good people out there, thanks.
Well there are 2 ways to get to 427, one requires the aftermarket block. There’s a lot of misconceptions out there concerning displacement, and a few unsavory folks that say one thing and do something else. if you don’t see the stuff going in, it’s solely a leap of faith that you are getting what you paid for when the block is stock.

Well there are 2 ways to get to 427, one requires the aftermarket block. There’s a lot of misconceptions out there concerning displacement, and a few unsavory folks that say one thing and do something else. if you don’t see the stuff going in, it’s solely a leap of faith that you are getting what you paid for when the block is stock.
I have pics of the entire build, receipts of the parts, and the builder just happens to be located in my home town and I have numerous "old timers" who have use and trusted him, and his father. Plus I took a chunk of it apart and peeked for myself. I am comfortable with this guy and believe I got what I paid for. It's a shame but scumbags are out there.

Thanks

I have pics of the entire build, receipts of the parts, and the builder just happens to be located in my home town and I have numerous "old timers" who have use and trusted him, and his father. Plus I took a chunk of it apart and peeked for myself. I am comfortable with this guy and believe I got what I paid for. It's a shame but scumbags are out there.

Thanks
They are really cool. You can visit the shop, tour it, hang out, I got to open the parts boxes as the second time I visited most of the parts were in and block had just been cleaned and honed. The third time I popped down they in the build process. The 4th time was me loading up and the hadit wrapped, onthe cradle for me. They have also answered numerous emails I have sent the past month or so since I dropped it in. Even though the build was completed in April 2019.

They are really cool. You can visit the shop, tour it, hang out, I got to open the parts boxes as the second time I visited most of the parts were in and block had just been cleaned and honed. The third time I popped down they in the build process. The 4th time was me loading up and the hadit wrapped, onthe cradle for me. They have also answered numerous emails I have sent the past month or so since I dropped it in. Even though the build was completed in April 2019.
Even talked me out of some things that would have cost more. Saying what I needed and didn't. Saved me about 2 grand on my eyes being BIG.

It's a Windsor. Not sure why this wasn't stated to avoid confusion.

I installed a 427 in a 95 cobra...it had the stock block and was a true 427. It had cooling issues we had to sort out. We got it squared away and cruising the east coast.

"Although sometimes called the "Windsor" family by enthusiasts, Ford itself never named the engine family; the designation was only adopted to distinguish the 351 cu in (5.8 L) version from the Cleveland 335-family engine that had the same displacement, but a significantly different configuration. The designations of 'Windsor' and 'Cleveland' were derived from the locations of manufacture: Windsor, Ontario and Cleveland, Ohio."

Kurt

"Although sometimes called the "Windsor" family by enthusiasts, Ford itself never named the engine family; the designation was only adopted to distinguish the 351 cu in (5.8 L) version from the Cleveland 335-family engine that had the same displacement, but a significantly different configuration. The designations of 'Windsor' and 'Cleveland' were derived from the locations of manufacture: Windsor, Ontario and Cleveland, Ohio."

Kurt
Thanks for reposting my Wikipedia..
Im guessing its because of the lines where Ford never adopted calling them "Windsors", and only the few " enthusiasts " only still refer to the engine by the factory, or series that the engine family came from...
I.e. 302 Windsor, not to be confused with any other 302 pushrod engine that Ford built..anywhere else.

Last edited:
Thanks for reposting my Wikipedia..
Im guessing its because of the lines where Ford never adopted calling them "Windsors", and only the few " enthusiasts " only still refer to the engine by the factory, or series that the engine family came from...
I.e. 302 Windsor, not to be confused with any other 302 pushrod engine that Ford built..anywhere else.
Glad to be of service. I honestly don't care, but I thought it was funny.

Kurt

Reactions: 1 user