Should i change my clutch now...

bock

Founding Member
Jan 7, 2002
Montreal,Qc
Went at the track...the king cobra is not hold,about 50 runs on it,never slip until the last run:went for thr bunr-out,only one wheel spinning.(using M/T ET street)I stop,and retry my burn out.The clutch sliped...i sliped anough to make it smell and make the pedal very very smooth....

After let colling down the thing,It work fine now.Its feel strong and with street tire work like a new. but i wondering if its good for more drag racing and 1,7x 60 feet.....

• Sponsors (?)

60 foot runs can be hellacious on a one-up stock replacement clutch. Add some drag radials or even worse, slicks, and you are pushing for waiting for something to fail/break. Like said you got your money's worth. You need a stronger pressure plate and the disk is probably worn a bit.

i'd say switch it. center force dual friction is a stronger clutch setup . I was at a track where a guys clutch was doing the same thing. halfway through day his clutch was really slipping he stopped racing because he had a 5 hr drive home and wasn't sure he was going to be able to make it.