Should i get this tranny?

i really want to avoid "used" trannys. i'm doing a Aod swap and i want to get a new tranny or know the exact history of the tranny such as this one...rebuilt. i cant just buy a used one not knowing how the previous owner went on it..and i know how we drive..plus the stock t-5's aren't exactly the strongest.
 
chobracobra said:
i really want to avoid "used" trannys. i'm doing a Aod swap and i want to get a new tranny or know the exact history of the tranny such as this one...rebuilt. i cant just buy a used one not knowing how the previous owner went on it..and i know how we drive..plus the stock t-5's aren't exactly the strongest.

I bought mine from corral. I spoke at length with the guy and after discussions realized he was selling everything he had. The stuff had 63 miles on it, then the rear went. As it turned out he needed money. Got the following with less than 100 miles: pro-motion built Tremec TKOII, McLeod scatter, McLeod clutch, extended fork, Aluminum D/S, Steeda shifter, and modified x-member all for $1800. I was like you ... didn't want to buy used, but when I came across this deal I couldn't resist. Needless to say, everything has been perfect :banana: Good luck. :nice:
 
chobracobra said:
what do you think about the claims of having "Hp series Hardend gears race syncros G force retainer"? and isnt a rebuilt tranny with new internals just as good as a new one?
As long as it was built right then ya it should be as good as a new one. Although is says later in the questions sections that the gears are used but checked to make sure they meet spec so Its a bit confusing. My point was that you can get the close ratio T5 brand new for about the same price and its a stronger trans with a more usable 1st gear. Just throwin that out for informational purposes. I too did alot of shopping around and researching and thats where I decided my money was best spent.
 
I'm getting mine rebuilt locally for 300 + parts. They said I'll need about 400 in parts so the total would be around 700. This is if I take the tranny to them, but it does carry a 2 year 24,000 mile full warranty! :D
 
chobracobra said:
This thread is changing direction a little here but...if i have a 3.35 first gear with 3:73's in the rear, what will that be like? short and quick as hell? is that really such a bad thing?

That will be very short. I run a 3:27 1st gear with 3:55 in the rear and that is pretty good. I personally wouldn't want to go numerically higher than that.