should I put threadlock on any water pump bolts? Or just antisieze?

• Sponsors (?)

+1

Threadlock is more for things you almost never, ever want to come apart. Water pumps fail, so you'll probably need to replace it again in the (hopefully distant) future.

I've heard of dudes using RTV silicone on the bolts to keep the corrosion out, but I would think that would also make it pretty hard to remove the bolts later on... :scratch:

Yea I didnt know if it needed it on some of the bolts close to the water jackets. It was surprisingly easy to take the bolts out with a breaker bar. I saw a tip on here from someone to swing the bolt back and forth tighten and loosen to break it loose, and kept hitting it with a hammer. The engine was still hot when I was taking out the bolts though. A couple of them had a little bit of silicone on them. I just put rtv on the gaskets, and antisieze on the bolts, new radiator going in tomorrow, new water pump and fan clutch are in, I hope this fixes my heating problems.

I got a 215 dollar ticket going 80 down the interstate trying to keep my engine cool, didnt even try to explain it to the cop when he asked if there was a reason I was going so fast. I said it's not a good enough excuse. Clocked me by air plane!!!

NO THREAD LOCKER!!! Those bolts snap on their own from corrosion. If you got all yours out in one peice then clean them up with a wire wheel and coat them in anti-seeze.

damn I got everything back together, the whole cooling system is new besides the fan blade which is good, all I had to do was put the lower radiator hose on and it doesnt fit right. Now I got no ride to the partay!

I am not sure if the fan clutch was bad but I changed it anyways. I used to spin around about half a spin, not it spins over like less than a quarter of a spin. So we'll see when I start it up. If this work I wont be able to tell exactly what it was, maybe a combination of everything, but I hope it doesnt over heat. The only other place I could look is redoing my intake gaskets.