should i remove spare tire, jack?

• Sponsors (?)

It would loose some weight and weight is bad thing on any car :D Plus when your trunk is clean like mine, it's fun to show off lol

trunk.jpg

I'd suggest a cell phone and an AAA card though lol

i say let ford tell you how to handle this situation. the new shelby cobra only comes with a can of fixaflat.no joke.go look at you local svt dealer.how about that for a restoration item thirty years from now."i have an original can of fix a flat from an07 shelby,ill take 300 for it on e-bay" lol.

I don't have a spare in my car but i do keep a small/cheap floor jack and a full tool box, so i pretty much cancel out the spare tire. I have my tools with me because you never know, and the jack just in case i need to change a tire....which i would get by calling one of my many car buddies :D

jeremey thomas said:
i say let ford tell you how to handle this situation. the new shelby cobra only comes with a can of fixaflat.no joke.go look at you local svt dealer.how about that for a restoration item thirty years from now."i have an original can of fix a flat from an07 shelby,ill take 300 for it on e-bay" lol.

The Z06 corvette comes with a tire repair kit and a 12V air compressor you plug into the cigarette lighter.

The spare and jack might weight 50 pounds total. That will save you about 0.05 seconds on the 1/4 mile. I'd rather have the 50 pounds of weight over the rear

im torn between jc halfan and 85 ss 302 coupe.i have good enough mustang friends that would bring me a spare,but on the other hand it is just as easy to take out at the track,AANNDD!!! THE EXTRA WEIGHT WOULD DEFFINATLY BE AWSOME AT THE STOP LIGHT OVER THE REAR END WHEN I HAND THAT FIREHAWK HIS FRIED CHICKEN DINNER.L. O. L.!!!

Mustang5L5 said:
The Z06 corvette comes with a tire repair kit and a 12V air compressor you plug into the cigarette lighter.

The spare and jack might weight 50 pounds total. That will save you about 0.05 seconds on the 1/4 mile. I'd rather have the 50 pounds of weight over the rear

what he said..

jeremey thomas said:
yeah,not what he said.every 100lbs is a tenth of a second in the quarter.thats 1 car lenghth for every 100lbs
You have your opinion I have mine. My basic point was I would rather have the 30 or so pounds than to have to bother someone for help. And if I had to worry about the 30 or so pounds to beat a car I am in trouble and should just give my car to unicef.:cheers: