Should I Supercharge? Or Buy A Gt500

Davon Ervin

Mar 27, 2017
I am such an indecisive person and I'm working on that but sometimes a little guidance is all you need. I have a 2006 mustang GT automatic with 115k miles I really want to supercharge this car and make like 450 to the wheels or maybe a little less.. but now I'm thinking I should cough up the money trade my 3v in for a 08 Shelby gt500 or a coyote. Possibly a 2011 Camaro SS. All in all I just want a decent amount of power for the streets. 300 and 320 is just not cutting it anymore.

• Sponsors (?)

Insurance on a GT500 will be higher. The GT500 will retain more value than a modded 05 Mustang. Modding the 05 Mustang is the cheapest solution to 400 plus whp.

Reactions: 1 user
Insurance on a GT500 will be higher. The GT500 will retain more value than a modded 05 Mustang. Modding the 05 Mustang is the cheapest solution to 400 plus whp.

That is true I did not think about insurance and other issues I could possibly run into. I just want some more Pep out of this 3v... seems like ford kind of ripped us off compared to the Camaro SS and Dodge Challenger.

I'm taggin in!! I love my 07 gt... it's a convertible 5 speed... but when I bought my 08 gt500 it just feels so much better. The power is more than enough for me, around my area a higher mileage gt500 goes for around 22-25k. It's way less work to get more hp and the potential is great, plus 6 speed manual trans. You also get bigger brakes and a supercharger already. Plus the suspension is slightly better out of factory.