Should I upgrade to 30lb Injectors?

• Sponsors (?)

I came into the thread thinking that I'd recommend against it, but those injectors are just enough for the heads/cam/intake combo. Did you ever have a wideband on the car, say at the dyno? It's either getting the fuel it needs or it isn't. However, it's likely running near the ragged edge of what the injectors should support.

"Powerdyne SC is 6lbs. Total max HP < 300"

He could be making 300 HP with just the H/C/I setup he has. So does that mean the Powerdyne is netting any HP at all?

If you go for more power you'll need more injector and a tune.. being a powerdyne I'd just leave it be and enjoy driving it while I saved up for another blower with much more potential and supporting mods for hp goal.

Reactions: 1 user
I just looked closely at the Powerdyne. It is a BD--11A. Does anyone know what the A tells about it? Thank you for all of your knowledge.
If I remember, the 11A has better bearings on the impeller shaft. It also does not have the tensioner on the internal belt. Pretty sure that's right....I think...lol.

The BD-11A model was decent but didn't stack up power wise to the other big brands so people would pulley them for more power. Problem was they were not designed to be able to run much more then 9psi safely. So even with the kevlar belt upgrade this head unit received and the fact that it ran cooler then the big name gear drive setups. They wouldn't last long at that level but on the upside they are super easy to rebuild.. if you can still find the parts for them not sure.

My suggestion would be to keep it the way it is and enjoy it for now while you save for a decent blower and supporting mods and once you have everything. Do the swap and sell the Powerdyne setup in good working condition and use that money to have the car tuned.

Yeah i always suggest more injector than needed... I have never had an issue running big injectors, I think that it is a common misconception.

Not so much a misconception as it was that folks were running the wrong injector drivers for 60#+ injectors initially. Then, the early injectors that folks were trying to use didn't have a small enough pulse for a lowly Windsor at idle.

after that

I'm sure you also remember that very long period of time where we had to dispel the internet rumor that mass air meters were 'tuned' to an EEC because of the way that they are marketed. Lots of net warriors consumed with the idea that if the MAF was 'tuned' for your EEC that the job was done.

But yea... Done correctly with what I consider to be a 'wide' injector with the correct driver, [any] accurate maf, and a tune, definitely works wonders. :rlaugh:

The BD-11A model was decent but didn't stack up power wise to the other big brands so people would pulley them for more power. Problem was they were not designed to be able to run much more then 9psi safely. So even with the kevlar belt upgrade this head unit received and the fact that it ran cooler then the big name gear drive setups. They wouldn't last long at that level but on the upside they are super easy to rebuild.. if you can still find the parts for them not sure.

My suggestion would be to keep it the way it is and enjoy it for now while you save for a decent blower and supporting mods and once you have everything. Do the swap and sell the Powerdyne setup in good working condition and use that money to have the car tuned.

I think I will stay as is and just change out my mufflers. I am tired of the Flowmaster drone. I really like the sound of Black Widow Venom 250's. Anyone of you running them or different Black Widow mufflers?