should teh tires spin?

If im liek moving slow around mayb 5 - 15 MPH and i mash the gas should the tires spin on my stock freshly rebuilt 5.0 its a 88 i did the MAF conversion and its pretty much stock and it dosnt really seem as fast as it should

• Sponsors (?)

1st gear and i got new mastercraft avenger tires
like i can get them to spin from a stop but when im moving they will sometimes spin a little if i hit it from a slow roll and i can not chirp 2ns at all i feel a stock mustang should be a little better than mine
stock rear although it is on tis way out i think it clicks and stuff and its a onelegger more than its a 2 but when i first got the car both tires deff spun but that was with bald tired

It should spin em' pretty good in 1st, 2nd gear mine spins if the pavement is cold enough and thats with 275 tires on it... its also stock. If your engine is running well then maybe you should go to the track and see what kinda times it runs. Mine stock ran a 14.7 so you should be somewhere around there. If its a 5-speed and you run higher than a 15.5 something is wrong. lol

i goto find a traack around here then haha thanks alot i think soemthing is deff wrong i wish soemone from this fourm lived in CT cause iv just drive up and have them drive my car im good withc ars but idk noone around here has really driven or driven in a Fox

Mine don't spin, but it squats hard and takes off like a rocket. Stock suspension in the rear w/ lowering springs. 245 BFG's. I'll get a couple rotations into second though, every time. Ive often wondered how mine par'd up, it runs right with everyone elses but mine is all top end, very little low end. Strange :scratch:

as far as I know, yeah. My rpms in 3rd 4th and 5th match 2:73 gears, but my 1st and 2nd gears are quite a bit different. When I put in my KC clutch I'll take a close look at the gears in the T-5 and see how they match up to stock.

Next year I'll get some 3:73's.

dam i really think soemthing is wrong with my car cause like it dosnt seem like its pulling as much as it should iv never full on just tried to burnout from a stock and see wat gear i can get up to but i know it will smoke em nice haah only thing is that recently its been only a one legger =( and like i said b4 its been clicking (wen the clicking started the cronic one leggedness started) im hopeing with some 3.73s it will bring her to life a little and a rebuilt track lock

will that give me a little better tracktion off hte line havin 2 tires spinning cause the other day i went to race like a mayb 2000 GT and liek the whole first gear i was like SPIN SPIN SPINS SPIN then 2nd i got it to get traction and he was ahead if me it looked stock are the newer mustangs faster?

even with 275/60/15 Nitto 555r's I can break them loose from around 5-15mph in 1st.

When I pushing it I can spin 2nd pretty good, a little in 3rd and chirp 4th.

Heck when I was at the track running 7 cylinders I chirped 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Didnt realize it till I watched the video.

I've raced my stock notch against a 92 lx hatch with e303, 1.7's, SFC, CAI, UD, Short Throw, 3:73's full exhaust etc. I was about a half to a full car length behind. And my car at the time was full stock with the exception of a set of Flowmasters. I was dead even with an e-fan, 3:55, short throw, full exhaust, UD, CAI 90 notch (the red one in my sig, my brothers).

Yet still, my car runs and drives totally different, no joke, from idle to about 2800-3000 theres not much there. Once 3000 hits it pulls hard to about 5800-6000. 3rd and 4th are really tall slow gears.

Maybe I do have a 4-banger T-5 and stock gears. :shrug:

oh man im jelous wish my car was faster i still have lots more money to spend and time to use tho
well i dont have the money yet haha but i will you know wat i mean

Just spend your money right the first time, buy quality products.
Look at other peoples combo's and see how they work.

I wasted alot of money buying cheap knock off's and dumb stuff, its all since been replaced with quality stuff from name brand companies.

Look at the "free" upgrades. Like removing weight and such.

Just my 2 cents

Duration 262/270, Lift .530/.530
Stock heads and intake

Umm... That's what's wrong with your car. That cam has no low end where the heads/intake want it, and the heads/intake won't flow enough to let the cam do its thing up top. Get a set of heads and intake or a stock cam and the car will be faster.

Where are you from in CT btw?