Electrical Show Off Your Battery Terminals

Potomus Pete

I'm still waiting for the fully nude shots
5 Year Member
Mar 7, 2019
Sarasota Florida
All my vehicles have always had loose, lame terminals. Because I suck at wires. Tell how its done the right way. My car is now car show ready but lacking of a decent battery look. One pic. is my fox. The other one is my Tacoma. Both have pennies to keep them tight. I want to cut them off and put a cool looking terminal on. Can you put websites on where materials can be found.

Attachments

• KIMG0640.JPG
    KIMG0640.JPG
    485.3 KB · Views: 98
  • KIMG0643.JPG
    KIMG0643.JPG
    403.4 KB · Views: 88
  • KIMG0644.JPG
    KIMG0644.JPG
    431.8 KB · Views: 80
  • KIMG0645.JPG
    KIMG0645.JPG
    489.7 KB · Views: 75
  • KIMG0646.JPG
    KIMG0646.JPG
    440.3 KB · Views: 76
  • KIMG0647.JPG
    KIMG0647.JPG
    569.1 KB · Views: 82
  • Sponsors (?)

If I had a small blowtorch and heated it up could, or would the solder stick to the brass lug and copper wire. I am thinking about buying heavy gauge wire on Amazon and making my own custom set up

Reactions: 1 user
Will a butane torch mate copper to lug. Thats what I want to . Me and nickyb have to get out of our cars sometimes and jiggle them so we can go
Not me ,my mess starts her up every single time.We just keep on Rollin along with the grace from the Lord above.(Good old zep)

I just went out to Target to get some Redvines, and look I have an angry.... My first angry..I have two disagrees love it. Well hopefully by the end of this weekend I will have a nice battery set up

I'm honored to be your first :mad:
It actually was not pointed at you but myself, I could see (in my cartoon mind, remember that) you trying to weld that penny to the battery post, yes I almost believed you. :nice:

Reactions: 1 user
I was wondering if anybody uses the copper lug and then squeezes the wire on with pliers.
I have crimped with crimp dies in a bench vice. I have used my plumbing pencil tip torch to solder them on. I use the butane for lighter materials, but if you hold it there long enough, it may work. If wire terminals are both soldered and crimped, they should not separate, and there is no room for corrosion to form on the inside.
The quick repair terminals make anticorrosion battery terminal spray a requirement. My battery terminals and quick disconnect are coated in the red spray anyway, but to keep this type of end making good contact, disassemble it, clean, dry and spray all the parts, assemble and touch up the spray coating.