shudder??

RedBullitt

Jul 7, 2004
Morgantown WV
hey all, i think i have something funky going on in my drive line. at least thats what it feels like. in every gear, if i get up to a decent speed and let off then put the pedal down with some ass or quick i get almost like a shudder, jerking thing going on for a second or 2 then it goes like normal. the rpms dont change or anything, its almost like im bogging down or feels like im spinning when im not. only about 30 k on the car, a couple k on the tranny and all. any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

Can you tell where it "feels" or "sounds" like it's comming from ? It could be a number of things. Since you did a drivetrain swap a few thousand miles back, I would suggest it could be your transmission output shaft, driveshaft, or u-joint is slipping/warped. It could also be something else, like unballanced tires, as this can even cause a sudden shudder at certain speeds.

so your driving along and you push in the clutch, and when you let it out and go to give it gas, it feels like the brakes are on, or something is holding it. the rpm's/speed arent changing though?

i have felt that before too, then all the sudden you can feel it release and its normal again?

well it definately feels like a drivetrain thing, really speed doesnt matter so much. its more just the fact that i let off the gas, completely and cruise for a sec. if i give it a decent amount of gas there is the shudder. there are no strange sounds either. i dont even need to mess with the clutch for this to happen. it does it in every gear. i will definately check those out darkknight. it was a rather sudden thing too, just noticed it do it one day.

hmm ok. i know slack in the drivetrain feeling, i dont think this is it, unless there is a lot lol and i have managed to break something... kinda feels like im spinning the hell out of the tires then they hook up and i go. crappy description i know, but its kinda hard to describe. shudder really is the best. something is definately up though