Drivetrain Shut off noise

• Sponsors (?)

So the noise only happens when I turn the car on put it in gear you hear a whining noise the turn it off and leave the clutch pedal in while in still in gear then if I release my pedal the noise instantly go away with a hard stop

Won’t do it if I only turn the car on and near put it in gear

So in that video when you start the car the trans is in gear and the clutch pedal is depressed, when running the trans is still in gear and the clutch pedal is still depressed, and then when you shut the car off you still have the clutch depressed and the trans is still in gear? Correct me if I have any of that wrong.

If so then your clutch is not disengaging. In that scenario the drive shaft should never spin when starting, running, and when shut off. This is due to the clutch pedal being depressed the whole time and with an properly adjusted clutch the input spline should not turn.

I Turn it on in neutral then but in gear that’s when my ds starts spinning then I shut off while I’m gear with clutch pedal pressed
If I was to let go of the pedal the noise shuts off instantly

All I can tell you is that if the motor is running and the transmission is in gear with the clutch pedal not depressed the driveshaft will spin as will the rear tires. Once the clutch pedal is depressed the transmission input shaft should be disengaged from the motor. This means that the rear wheels will slow down and come to a stop as will the driveshaft. If this does not happen then the clutch is not properly adjusted.

That does happen but if I turn it off with the clutch pedal pressed down u hear that slow spinning down noise that slowly fades away unless I quickly let my clutch pedal go which then the noise comes to a sudden stop

When you let the clutch pedal out the clutch disc is getting full engagement. Engine is stopped so it jerks the rest of the driveline to a stop.

Something is up with the clutch install or the cable is not adjusted properly.

Yup. Definitely clutch grab/disengagment issue.

WHat pedal quadrant and cable do you have?

If stock, grab the clutch pedal, pull up on it. Then push down to the floor with foot. Does it click? That means an adjustment was made. Retry.

If that doesn't change anything will need to dig into the clutch pedal/cable further