Progress Thread Sketchy Gt 5.0, It’s Gonna Be A Long Process

Sketchy_GT

Nov 13, 2016
I've been driving Mustangs since i turned 16 I've had an 03 GT a 88 LX 5.0, and a 99 GT Vert. Just something about the New Edge and SN95 Bodies that I like. I just sold my Vert recently and I've decided to go for a 94-95 5.0 GT, honestly i don't plan to get too crazy with one just all the basic mods to make a quick daily out of that will see just a bit of track time, I'm know more about the 4.6 mod motor than the 5.0 but I want to broaden my spectrum on Mustangs so any pointers before i go look at a 95 this weekend would be great.

• Sponsors (?)

Love the 5.0, but given your affinity for SN95s, I believe the pinnacle, aside from the '95 Cobra, was the 4v 281. Why not throw a blower on an already 305 hp car, and make closer to 600?

I would second this especially if he is only after "basic mods" for a "quick daily." My '95 is plenty quick for the street and a lot of fun to drive with basic modifications and full exhaust.

I'll third that. I miss my 95' Cobra. Easy to work on and parts were decently priced. Plus it came with a 5.0 :nice:

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, I was reading somewhere lately that the value has left foxes and is in the SN95s now. I can see merit to that. The SN95s have a nicer interior, Cobras have nice brakes and if you can pick one up cheaper than a nice fox, then by all means.

Yeah, I was reading somewhere lately that the value has left foxes and is in the SN95s now.

Fox values are so inflated that everyone thinks they have a $10K car. The SN95's seem to be the red-headed step child and are a good value while prices remained bottomed out. At some point that will change. Part of the reason why I'd like to scoop up a 96-98 Cobra soon before they start to climb

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for all the replies, I’m positive I’m gonna get a 5.0 car I just got rid of my 2v Convertible and I’m just over the mod motor thing for now. Definitely would try to get a cobra if I could, but I found a one owner GT with only 118k on it with all the paperwork from all services done to it everything is stock as it gets and still has window sticker from purchase. Price $2800 guy wants it gone and I’m hoping to be that guy that gets it gone for him. I’m supposed to look at it this Saturday

Reactions: 2 users
Sounds like a good deal. I'd go for it. A Cobra is a lot nicer stock, but once you start modding the difference isn't really that important. You can't beat an SN 5.0 for value these days.

Kurt

Thanks for all the replies, I’m positive I’m gonna get a 5.0 car I just got rid of my 2v Convertible and I’m just over the mod motor thing for now. Definitely would try to get a cobra if I could, but I found a one owner GT with only 118k on it with all the paperwork from all services done to it everything is stock as it gets and still has window sticker from purchase. Price $2800 guy wants it gone and I’m hoping to be that guy that gets it gone for him. I’m supposed to look at it this Saturday

Sounds like a pretty good deal. Manual or auto trans? Not sure your preference, but those older autos suck a lot of power compared to today's auto equipped cars. Good luck, hope it turns out to be just what youre looking for.

Sounds like a pretty good deal. Manual or auto trans? Not sure your preference, but those older autos suck a lot of power compared to today's auto equipped cars. Good luck, hope it turns out to be just what youre looking for.
It is an auto, which is what I want anyway I’ve had the t45 and I want just a semi quick daily and as fun as banging gears is driving to big cruise ins in Atlanta or Chattanooga gets relentless in traffic plus I get lazy after work and don’t want to shift lol

It is an auto, which is what I want anyway I’ve had the t45 and I want just a semi quick daily and as fun as banging gears is driving to big cruise ins in Atlanta or Chattanooga gets relentless in traffic plus I get lazy after work and don’t want to shift lol

Nothing wrong with autos, just dont be surprised if it feels soft. There are many things you can do to make it less parasitic though.

Plus side of an auto... brake stands.

Nothing wrong with autos, just dont be surprised if it feels soft. There are many things you can do to make it less parasitic though.

Plus side of an auto... brake stands.
Right lol, my 03 was an Auto as well as my fox which I know there is a big difference between the transmissions but either way I missed my auto cars the whole time I had stick, I guess I’m just one of the few mustang guys that prefer auto

F3227B57-1AB5-41B1-AB5F-DE233C688CE4.jpeg
Welp.. I bought one. Gave $2,900 bucks for it. It’s not pretty but it’s bone stock and was bought new by a 60 year old man that just drove it and did maintenance, it’s got some miles, but to my surprise this car has made me smile more than any car I’ve had yet, and I’ve only had it two days. 95 GT and it is an Auto. Tax season is rolling in and my money is headed straight to paint supplies