Slip Yoke Worn Out

Dave34

Dec 8, 2014
My slip yoke is worn down in the middle of it someone told me it was a tail shaft bushing but ford doesn't have one and the one I ordered online was wrong and that was the only one I could find I also replaced the rear seal

• Sponsors (?)

My slip yoke is worn down in the middle of it someone told me it was a tail shaft bushing but ford doesn't have one and the one I ordered online was wrong and that was the only one I could find I also replaced the rear seal

I'd offer you up some choices, but you don't list what year Mustang you have, or what transmission is in it. So I have no idea what to look up.

Also, are you looking up a slip yoke? A tailshaft bushing? or both?

What's the brand and p/n of the bushing that you got that didn't fit?

Timkin 5202 is the p/n for the bushing and seal for a T-5

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tmk-5202

There are cheaper places to get it than summit, but that's the kit. (rockauto.com has it for $9)

If that doesn't fit, then your original T-5 has been replaced with something else (earlier year perhaps)

Well, that's it. However that's VERY overpriced. The timkin one is half that and comes with a seal and you can get it at autozone.

HOWEVER, if that's not the right one, then you might not have a T-5. Any pics of what you are working with under the car.

Are you installing this out of the car, or did you take the trans out? How did you remove the old bushing?

Last edited: