• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

SLP Catless today

  • Thread starter Thread starter White Stang
  • Start date Start date Oct 16, 2004

White Stang

Member
Feb 11, 2004
467
0
16
Ft Lauderdale
Oct 16, 2004
#1
  • Oct 16, 2004
  • #1
I removed the cats to install the race pipes And it is loud! I will probally will put the cats back on. It was a much better compromise for a daily driver. I will leave them off for now. I got on it today I noticed that between 2.5 and 3.5k it goes through a transition wear the car feels like it is choking slightly. And then picks back up again around 4k I am going to mess with the tunning with the cats off and see if I can improve that condition I noticed it with the high flow cats but more with out them. Has anybody who has a Diablo predator tuner and x pipe and catback use the predator to tune their car and noticed a diffrence after the tune? Thanks in advance for your response
 

BADGT02

New Member
Dec 24, 2003
74
0
0
Ventura, CA
Oct 18, 2004
#2
  • Oct 18, 2004
  • #2
Do you have the LT's also? Since I put the slp lt's on and went catless i have alot more popping and its louder. almost like a back fire. does yours do it at all?
 

~B7~

New Member
Apr 2, 2003
369
0
0
TX
Oct 26, 2004
#3
  • Oct 26, 2004
  • #3
BADGT02 said:
Do you have the LT's also? Since I put the slp lt's on and went catless i have alot more popping and its louder. almost like a back fire. does yours do it at all?
Click to expand...

Please tell me you have a sound clip of your car. I've been looking for a sound clip of the SLP LT's on a GT (or full SLP exhaust for that matter) for awhile. I'm also planning on going with the CompCams 270's as well.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Engine Random Misfire at idle.
  • Gulftown980x
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
435
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 31, 2026
squeak93
D
catless with a catback exhaust
  • dlove100000
  • Oct 2, 2024
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
437
2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- Oct 3, 2024
Noobz347
Tips for WUE and ASE tuning
  • Mustang5L5
  • Oct 9, 2025
  • Digital Self-tuning Forum
Replies
1
Views
660
Digital Self-tuning Forum Oct 10, 2025
gkomo
2004 mach1 sputter/missing issue
  • SMOKEDYA
  • Jul 8, 2023
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
1K
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 22, 2023
SMOKEDYA
G
2006 Mustang GT o2 Sensor Wiring Issue Car Bogging/Choking
  • GCantero93
  • Sep 5, 2025
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
4
Views
1K
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Sep 6, 2025
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?