SLP LM 1 + Pypes catted X?...yep another exhaust thread

boomshack

Jun 4, 2004
Southern Cali
Hello everybody,
Anyone running SLP LM 1 in conjunction with Pypes/Mustang tuning catted X pipe?

Wanna know how much louder it is over LM 1s with the stock H. Plus I read the PR article on Pypes web site stating that they catted X actually passed emissions test. Any of you actually tried this and had it pass?

Now for my theory as to why there are so many exhaust threads: For most it is the only power mod they will do or can afford and the only mod that gives the biggest bang for the low (comparitively) amount of money spent. Why did I pull this theory out of my ass...well to defend myself from the requisite reply nowadays to any exhaust thread (another exhaust thread?, try the search!"...:D

• Sponsors (?)

helty said:
yes, it will be a LOT louder. I have a clip of SLP catted X and LMI's, I'll post it in a minute.

here: http://media.putfile.com/slp-x-install-008

Ive since switched to O/R X and LMII's, sounds a lot better and still loud.

That sounds like my cup of tea right there. Thanks for the clip. My guess is that in person it'll sound twice as loud too.

Now anyone know if the catted X will pass emissions? That is the sniff test and not the visual.

Thanks again

I dont know if it will pass emmissions in CA, probably not. I think anything but the stock mid-pipe will fail.

Yes, its loud as hell, but to be honest I got tired of it after about 3 months. It sounds awesome at higher rpms, but under normal accelleration I didnt like it too much. Just my opinion though, a lot of people do like that combo.

helty said:
I dont know if it will pass emmissions in CA, probably not. I think anything but the stock mid-pipe will fail.

Yes, its loud as hell, but to be honest I got tired of it after about 3 months. It sounds awesome at higher rpms, but under normal accelleration I didnt like it too much. Just my opinion though, a lot of people do like that combo.

Any aftermarket midpipe on our 4.6L is illegal in CA. If the cops catch you with it, they can impound your car. Don't mean to scare you, just giving you the heads up. When smog comes around just swap in the stock H. You won't pass with anything else.