Smooth engine bay, need help!

Smooth engine bay, need help! Updated Pics!

Hey all,

I haven't posted anything in a very long time. But my progress on my ol blue notch hasn't ceased. I am currently at a point on my project where I thought dang it would be nice to have a smooth engine bay. Unfortunately I do not have a welder nor body tools. If anyone out there lives close to me (South Florida WPB, Vero, Stuart, etc) I will pay you for your time daily for helping me smooth my engine bay. I have a large air compressor, and 120v and 230v plugs needed for your welder as I do not have a welder. My inside facilities are very nice, clean, and well ventilated. I will provide lunch, and if you are over 21, beer, soda, tea, etc of your choice. I will purchase all materials needed. If you are willing to help me out, send me a pm, and we can set something up and discuss payment required. Mods, if I am doing something wrong here, let me know. I rarely cry for help.

Thanks,
Matt

• Sponsors (?)

I think those panels still need to be welded into place. When i took on the task of welding those holes in the engine bay I had never welded in my life. I borrowed my buddie's lincoln weld pak 100 and started at it. You get the hang of it towards the end. There will be a lot of grinding though. And in my case, another round of welding, and another round of grinding. After that it was time to add the filler, sand, filler, and another round of sanding, then prime and paint. Its a lot of work. I would say i spent around 100 bucks on parts and around 40 hours and the panels are only 149.99 so its up to you. You can rent welders from Home Depot, but I would dedicate atleast 18 hours to get the most bang for your buck.

One thing i don't like about aprons you can buy is that they aren't as smooth so i would end up doing more fill work on them, but it beats the welding and grinding on all the bullet holes. When I do my vert down the road, i will buy the panels, fill them, sand them and then weld them in.

1979-93 Mustang Front Fender Apron Pair, Completely Smooth - No Holes! by 50resto at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

View attachment 207227

IMAG0020.jpg

A little encouragement for those willing to help.