SN95 axles, whats my ideal setup npw? M-2300-K kit

281pony

Aug 31, 2003
Oly, WA
so i started piecing together a cobra brake setup. i ran into a good deal on the ford m2300 kit. i just found out that it uses sn95 axles in the back. so what wheels can i run without it hanging out the fender?

i want to run either a 285 or 275 tire on a 9" rim. can anyone post pics with these axles and 9" rims. i just need to narrow down my wheel selection now. am i better of shopping for the 94-98 parameters or the 99-04?

i need to order wheels asap, thanks for the input

• Sponsors (?)

im reading and jumping back into my headache i thought i avoided by buying the complete brake kit. it appears the 6.42" backspacing on the discontinued cobra wheels is ideal for a fox.

my fenders are rolled. so does anyone use the 03 cobra style wheels? 10th anniversary on these axles? trying to see how they sit with 275s. at this point, i guess im just wanting pictures or real suggestions as to what FITS with rolled fenders.

ive been reading a TON tonight. i am so exhausted (literally) from reading all this crap. i know those discontinued ford rims are a 17x9, 6.42 backspacing and a 36mm offset.

so, shouldnt these be perfect on the rear?

Size: 18x9
Back Spacing: 6.32" (160mm) Offset: +36mm (1.42")

now with that taken care of. in your experience, has a 285/40/18 fit width wise with these rims? they are f1 tires to there wide.

i mention those specifically, cause i can get a smokin deal on them and matching size fronts. its a bit tall (27") but for the cost i can get them :shrug:

S197 wheels are another idea. I was going to run a set of 9 inch 05+ wheelks until i settlers on my current wheels. You can still modify the 2300k kit for stock offset in the rear if you would like.

i didnt really on this car, no. i just sent AM the money for them though.

18" saleens. 05 offset on the rears. it is nearly identical to the praised/discontinued FMS wheel for this specific brake kit though. so it's gotta be my best bet.

245 on the front and 275 on the rear. beat every other price i could find by hundreds. kick ass prices, well see how fast the shipping is.

i didnt really on this car, no. i just sent AM the money for them though.

18" saleens. 05 offset on the rears. it is nearly identical to the praised/discontinued FMS wheel for this specific brake kit though. so it's gotta be my best bet.

245 on the front and 275 on the rear. beat every other price i could find by hundreds. kick ass prices, well see how fast the shipping is.

Sweet! I look forward to seeing this!

i searched for like 6 hours last night and found 1 guy who has this same setup. it looked pretty sick. i wanted to run a wider rear tire, but it wasn't worth the risk of clearance issues.

ive been reading a TON tonight. i am so exhausted (literally) from reading all this crap. i know those discontinued ford rims are a 17x9, 6.42 backspacing and a 36mm offset.

Opps, I thought that thread had the following info in it:

Lakeshore Wheel and Tire has sliver and chrome "M179" style rims:

Check out:
Mustang Saleen Wheels Saleen Cobra Wheels! Saleen wheels,Saleen rims,Saleen Cobra Wheels

Silver Saleen Style, 17 inch
17x9 inch , 5x4.5" 36mm
Silver Wheels ; Fits 2005-2007 Ford Mustang
Brand New Silver Wheels ; Center caps are included. ; In Stock
SAL-796536S ; ~$500/set

Chrome Saleen Style, 17 inch
17x9 inch , 5x4.5" 36mm
Chrome Wheels ;Fits 2005-2007 Ford Mustang
Brand New Chrome Wheels ; Center caps are included.; In Stock
SAL-796536C ; ~$700/set

So, it would seem that there will be a source of the 17x9 36mm offset rims "Cobra R style" rims for the future! Also, they have a number of options for widths and offsets.

Also, I know that they come up every now and then in the ad forums. But, M179 rims that are new or in very good shape are going to cost a lot more than what Lakeshore Wheel and Tire has the repos for.

Lakeshorewheelandtire.com Saleen Cobra Wheels

sal-7965s.JPG

Silver "Saleen" Style, 17 inch
17x9 inch, 36mm
Silver Wheels

o Fits 2005-2007 Ford Mustang
o $495/set
o Brand New Wheels
o Center caps are included.

In Stock
SAL-796536S

BTW: There are M179 rims around. But, they are not cheap. Last I read, there are even some available that are brand new and still in the box. Ask in sales forums here, or on the other Stang site. But, be forewarned, don't to be surprised if the price for an original FRPP M179 rim is 2X++ the price of a Lake Shore rim!

And, no, I am not selling my extra M179 rims.