SNAPPED CRANK-ANYONE GOT A MOTOR IN NJ

blckstng96

Apr 13, 2004
so i drove my 88 lx to sayreville in nj about 45 min from me to pick up some split spokes this weekend to put on it.got there fine,picked up the wheels,go to leave and the car starts acting up.so i pull back in the parking lot,pop the hood and my friend says to me you gotta see this balancer.took a look and the thing was all over the place.so i had the car towed all the way home to avoid destroying the motor.get it home,replaced the balancer.took it out a few times last night playing with timing,then prob the 3rd time we took it out,once the car shifted into 2nd gear BANG.blew the motor.crank snapped in half and pushed its way through the timing cover an all.i looked back and a main bearing was laying in the road.so i guess it was a little too late to replace the balancer and it had already done its damage.sooooooo being that this sucks and all,does anyone in or around nj have a 5.0 motor or even shortblock for cheap.i need to find something asap,preferably stock and as cheap as they come.im just looking to get it up and running again.thanks in advance guys

• Sponsors (?)

**** son, got any pictures? I'm in NM but if I hear anything ill let you know, any luck on rebuilding that one? or is it trashed? Couldn't imagine it being too well off..... Well, good luck bro.

--Chuck

yeah dont mind macn89,he's just a piece of **** himself,got nothing better to do then post childish replies to all my posts,but anyway yeah,its pretty well toasted.crank came thru the front of the motor right thru the timing chain and all,its hangin out about 5 or so inches and cocked to the pass side about the same distance.not good at all.thanks for the help guys

yeah dont mind macn89,he's just a piece of **** himself,got nothing better to do then post childish replies to all my posts,but anyway yeah,its pretty well toasted.crank came thru the front of the motor right thru the timing chain and all,its hangin out about 5 or so inches and cocked to the pass side about the same distance.not good at all.thanks for the help guys

Good thing that kid who you were with had aaa, would cost more to tow it other wise. HAH Does Jim know who we are on stangnet?