Progress Thread Snow - 93 GT Vert. My first Ford, Mustang, convertible, ...

Riddle me this ...

Went to tap the new intake for the ACT sensor and it already fits. What am I missing here. Someone already did the work? Something else?

IMG_1986.jpeg
IMG_1987.jpeg
IMG_1988.jpeg

Ford Racing intake kits used Explorer lowers that were tapped.

Easy way to tell is the ford racing lowers use the small baffles on the underside, while the explorer intakes used large baffles.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Let me add here that I blame this project on my back still being out. I can barely bend and I certainly can’t lift those fn heads back into place. I may need to have one of my kids come along to the machine shop and be ‘that guy’ to have someone carry things for them.

For cleaning the block I’m going to use some rag and solvent to try and get up some stuff. Then razor blade.

I also bought some of these after seeing some videos on them. The 120 grit is for aluminum and they recommend using those on iron heads to ensure no dips or valleys.

3M 3M-18733 Roloc Bristle Disc Grade - 120, Size - 2 https://a.co/d/aw6PEbe

Do some digging but some have said that their book on their 88 5.0 said TTY bolts and other say Ford started using them in 91 on the 5.0's and others say it was the 93 when they started using them. All I can say is the factory head bolts are junk IMO. I would at minimum get a set of ARP head bolts but the only think I use is head studs. Then I get the "its difficult to remove a cylinder head in the car with studs. So double nut them and remove the studs first and then pull the heads. You can lead a horse to water....

Reactions: 1 user