So Damn Pissed!!

A few months ago, my wonderful girlfriend told me she wanted to get me something for my car for Christmas, so I told her I wanted a set of component speakers for the B. I was talking to my uncle tonight who is an audio guru, and he said to do a little research on the Mach 460 system so we would know how to install the new speakers. So I did a bunch of research in the Audio section on Corral and evidently you can't just change the front speakers. WTF!! Stupid ass Ford made the impedance different on the stock speakers than ALLLLL other aftermarket speakers so you can't just replace the speakers, you have to replace the whole system. I'll be opening my present from her tomorrow and it sucks to have to tell her, "sorry babe I'm a dumb ass and I didn't know these actually don't work in my car".

I am so pissed right now. Anyone else run into this issue? Any way around it besides ripping the whole system out? I don't have the time, money, or desire to take this whole Mach system out. I think it sounds great, I just wanted a little bit brighter, crisper front stage. I was hoping the 6.5" Infinity components were going to do the trick but I guess not. FML!!

Merry Christmas to all:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Pics of GF? :D

What's the impedence on the front speakers in the Mach system? Part of me wants to say they're 6 ohms, but I really don't remember, since it's been so long that I've messed with it. If the Infinity speakers are 8 ohms, you shouldn't have any issues, except for maybe underpowering them a little. Might kill the amps if they're 4 ohms though. :shrug:

Merry Christmas, back at ya. :)