so i installed my exhaust today

like the title says...i put in shortys, off road h and cat back today in my garage...i am now wishing i would have paid the $250 to let someone else do it. 95 exhaust swaps suck ass. took me from 9am to 530pm to get it done ...it was a bitch ..and i still can't get one of the tip correct. the passenger side tip is pointing up and out ...tried doing something with it but got frustrated and just gave up. but it sounds pretty good ..lot different than flows. it had flows one it when i bought the car. after cuting them out i held up the flows and large pieces of metal started falling out of them thinks its safe to say that i needed the new exhaust.anyways that was my day

• Sponsors (?)

Way to go.

Hey, now that you have it all in there, you could probably take it somewhere for a little adjustment and to get the tips to line up for just a couple bucks.

Yea just get it adjusted somewhere. You might have trouble at some of the major exhaust shops because of the O/R H but eventually you'll find someone to do it for you. It's hell even putting an O/R pipe in, but I had to take mine off and on so many times I gotten used to it now, lol. I took it off so many times a lot of my bolts are stripped out and I got a few exhaust leaks here and there.

Just be glad you didnt install LT headers ;) I feel sorry for people who have to lay on their backs to work on their cars... I have to at my house, but I can use the lift anytime I want to at work.

Dont feel too bad... tailpipes are a pain in the ass to get on and off.

i did fms ceramic coated shortys with mac off road h and mac cat back ...2.5 all the way back to 3" tips. hts coated back to stainless tips. i will check into getting someone to adjust it for me. might ot be too hard to find someone since oklahoma no longer has vehicle inspections.

my mac cat back didnt align to great either. took it to a shop and they added some sturdy hangers and straighted it out now i love it more than ever. good choice with the macs. they are the sickest sounding muffler with big tips on their catbacks :nice:

My plans are BBK shorty headers, Bassani o/r X, and the MAC pro dumps. Should be raspy yet deep as hell.

And as far as water getting to the mufflers, thats really not a concern unless you're out driving during a hurricane. Plus on top of that, i dont really drive my car in the rain unless im already outside when it starts.

BULLITTSTANG95 said:
well i jacked it back up today and did some readjusting on my system and got the tips correct... just had to turn and adjust a few pipes. now its perfect...i love it
Doesn't it kind of piss you off when you bang your head so hard trying to get it right on the first try. But can't quite get it all the way there. Then when you come back after a while, everything seems to fall in place.

Just goes to show you, some times you need to walk away and let the project cool. Then try again fresh.

Anyway, congrats!