Sold the 5.0 for a 2.3 need some help TURBO

MyCARneedsHelp

Founding Member
Apr 24, 2002
Plainfield,IL
okaaaa so i finally sold the 5.0 and got 5,200.00 And im looking to dump it all on a 2.3 project. Now of course i need to get the 2.3 with that money and then the turbo motor. Now i been on here a long time and ive done searchs and i looked a Stingers page. Whats the best way, the cheapest way and i want POWER. :D Thanx guys

• Sponsors (?)

Check the link below.............
http://www.turboford.net/faq/mods.shtml
Also, start perusing Turboford.net. Do you have a car to mod yet? Once you do, consider getting a donor car. It makes life a whole lot easier. '87-'88 Turbo Coupe's will yield motor, tranny, rearend, computer, wiring harnesses, larger front brakes, seats and a myriad of other pieces that you can use. And, what you don't use, you can sell. I know I bought an '87 TC donor car for $500, used all of the above and parted out the rest for $1000.

well i dont have room for a donor car and im looking for a 2.3. Ill just rip the motor out of a junkyard and put it in my pickup. Whats the best year? also i read omthing about a dohc volvo head. Im looking for at least low 12's if possible with this car. I read turbo ford and im just to slow to understand this whole thing. Its confusing :bang:

MyCARneedsHelp said:
I read turbo ford and im just to slow to understand this whole thing. Its confusing :bang:
No offense brother, but if the above statement is true, forget the DOHC Volvo head. It requires serious machine work, you need to know what you're doing and there aren't any proven combos out there yet, anyway.

What car is this going in? I'm sure you know you just can't slap a turbo on a N/A 2.3. Any turbo motor out of an 83-88 TC or XR4ti will do for starters. Did you read the Turboford FAQ link I posted above? You can't just dump $$$ into something and hope it works. You have to understand how it works and spend your money in viable way to reach the goal (low 12's) that you want to achieve. Research pays dividends!:flag:

Yea i know u cant just turbo it. I read your faq u posted and im going to start off by going to stage 4 with the bigger intercooler and the "high flow turbo" where exactly would i get that or would i just change the spool inside? also what about a blow off valve i hear about. I want that thing to be loud as hell. :D