Solenoid post...........

88GT17MA

Nov 1, 2004
My solenoid post is pretty filled up....I added a couple more positive power lines to power aftermarket parts.

Is there a better source of 12v power? so that I can free up some space on the solenoid and actually get the nut to thread on?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Jason, if you keep the fusible links you should be ok. I wonder if 86BC removed the links in favor of blade fuses. Otherwise, the links are connected to battery power (via the solenoid or a battery distribution block)......... same difference.

Anyone good with CAD software? Another great project idea - a power box with 3 or 4 plug-ins for relays for the fog lights, electric fan, NO2 control, etc. Add 8-10 blade fuse positions so you could do away with the 4 fuse links and have a few for spares for the fan & other stuff.

jrichker said:
Anyone good with CAD software? Another great project idea - a power box with 3 or 4 plug-ins for relays for the fog lights, electric fan, NO2 control, etc. Add 8-10 blade fuse positions so you could do away with the 4 fuse links and have a few for spares for the fan & other stuff.
That is a very nice idea. :nice: For those of us who only vaguely know what CAD is, something like the underhood 5N95 fusebox would work pretty well. If it had one less row of fuses, it would package nicer and be closer to the spec Jrichker listed. It would have a nice OEM look though.

I have some cad skills, depending on the cad program :D , but I am not sure what you are looking to achieve. You are talking about computer aided drafting right? Maybe there is another definition of cad that I am not aware of?

Are you looking to create a cad model of an existing part? Or model and fabricate a new design?

vristang said:
I have some cad skills, depending on the cad program :D , but I am not sure what you are looking to achieve. You are talking about computer aided drafting right? Maybe there is another definition of cad that I am not aware of?

Are you looking to create a cad model of an existing part? Or model and fabricate a new design?
New part, for an old car...:nice:

I found a company a while back that had a cad program that you could download to model your design, then they would take that model and make the part. If I remember right they had a well equipped fab department as well, being able to machine - both metals and plastics, injection mold, and pultrusions.

I used to have a link to their site, but can't find it now. I'll try to dig them back up and post the info for you.

jason