Some updated custom pictures (*DUW*)

reeber

10 Year Member
Mar 10, 2004
Berlin, NJ
Here's some updated interior pics for the interior:

Here's the trunk almost completed... The box actually has white neons in it that emit a nice glow to the back of the sub at night...

IMG_0095.JPG

Here is what I have so far for the rear seat "delete"

IMG_0094.JPG

This is two days into the project... The floor of the back seats are eventually going to be an amp rack.. Don't have much completed for that yet, but here's a picture of the progress to give you guys an idea. The rack will hold one JL Audio 300/4 and one 500/1. You'll see the middle will hold the distributor block:

IMG_0086.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

Here's some pictures of Day 3's progress... You can see all the details at my web site in my sig...

Below is a picture of the actual framing for the stretch we'll pull... We'll then coat it with 2 or 3 layers of fiberglass resin while the frame is in the car to harden it and make it strong enough to remove and apply bondo to begin the actual "body work"...

IMG_0101.JPG

Here is a picture after doing the actual stretch of the fabric before beginning to glass it... We'll now put a couple coats of glass, then let it harden, remove the entire piece and begin bodywork on that...

IMG_0104.JPG

Let me know what you think so far of the design.. You can't see it, because it's masked off, but the amp rack is under all that tape and paper you see... We cover it all to ensure no resin falls onto it...

Congratulations on choosing an excellent sub...I added the same JL 10W7 and 500/1 Monoblock amp to my system last winter and I love it. I too am in the midst of completing some trunk mods so I feel your pain in terms of progress to excitement ratio.

Nonetheless, it looks awsome, and I look forward to seeing pics as it is finished. Well done and enjoy the process!
~Darren

SilverStallion said:
Congratulations on choosing an excellent sub...I added the same JL 10W7 and 500/1 Monoblock amp to my system last winter and I love it. I too am in the midst of completing some trunk mods so I feel your pain in terms of progress to excitement ratio.

Nonetheless, it looks awsome, and I look forward to seeing pics as it is finished. Well done and enjoy the process!
~Darren

Thanks!! My goal is to have it in magazines within the next year and a half. From the magazine's that are interested (MM & FF, Mustang Enthusiast, 5.0 Mustangs), they say it could take up to a year after the shoot to actually get a spot. Obviously I am not even close to done. I am working all day today, tomorrow, taking sunday off and hopefully finishing the audio part by monday. Then, ordering seats...

It does take a while after the shoot to actually make it to print...my 5.0 and Super Fords MAgazine photoshoot was in October and it was published this month - May 2006.

As they say, good things are worth waiting for...keep us updated with pics.

~Darren

Eric,

Looks amazing bro. Wish I had the balls to drop funds like that into my stang. Gotta get the blower on first before I do a custom stereo. :)

EDIT: Did you (or anyone you are working with) have prior experience with doing custom stereo work like this? See, I can't do what you did because that's where my roof comes down. ;)

AmBo said:
Eric,

EDIT: Did you (or anyone you are working with) have prior experience with doing custom stereo work like this? See, I can't do what you did because that's where my roof comes down. ;)

I am actually working with Tweeter of Deptford, NJ. We have a few guys here who are very experienced with this type of work...

droptopponynj said:
Looking good Eric :nice: I wasn't going to play with the trunk until next winter but now your making me think of things to do..damn you..i spent too much already. I'm telling my girl its your fault!

Sorry Bob, but when your ready, I highly advise you use my guys.. They are doing a great job... pics coming soon...