Someone please explain pinion angle adjust.

Mustang Hopeful

Apr 10, 2004
I'm trying to help my friend get some traction, and we are totally lost. The thing launches like its on donuts. He has a 400 horse stang and even with upper/lower arms and slicks it launches horribly. It has new bushings, arms, no quad shocks, old shocks, lowering springs and slicks.
I've heard you can use just adjustable uppers to keep the cost down but explain them to me. How does adjusting the pinion angle make more traction, and would you angle the pinion up or down to make more traction. I'm lost. He just bought spherical bushings, adjustable uppers, and lakewood 50/50 drag shocks. Is this going to help? PLEASE help before we start doing this. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Changing the pinion angle changes the instant center on the car... with rubber bushing set a 7* neg!! with neopreme set a -4. but I would read up on the benifits of using the adjustable uppers!! DONT forget the front of the car!!

Just me....................................

Thumper

LOL... yeah your right... you will have to find the tech elsewere ... look at Comp. Engineering web site or any traction device web site... it is pretty long and involved on the why and how.... sure longer than I would do here on the forum , when the info is out there...cool?? Maybe some one else will EXPLAIN the theory and resons..???

Just me......................

Thumper