something weird going on(electrical)

dastang2

Dec 11, 2003
tx
hello i got a 95 5 spd. i just put in a holley 110 FP to replace the failing one about 1000 miles ago. i have never really paid attention but the other morning while i was parked with the air and radio off, i had my foot resting on the brake while it was running. the pump's hum was pretty loud. i took my foot off of the brake and the hum went away. i put my foot back on the brake to see what was going on and sure enough, the loudness was back and it would go away when the brake was off. i don't suspect that anybody has had this before. is there some sort of voltage regulator that is in the electronics somewhere to the fuel pump. this is wierd. the alt. is good and the battery is pretty new.

• Sponsors (?)

dastang2 said:
hello i got a 95 5 spd. i just put in a holley 110 FP to replace the failing one about 1000 miles ago. i have never really paid attention but the other morning while i was parked with the air and radio off, i had my foot resting on the brake while it was running. the pump's hum was pretty loud. i took my foot off of the brake and the hum went away. i put my foot back on the brake to see what was going on and sure enough, the loudness was back and it would go away when the brake was off. i don't suspect that anybody has had this before. is there some sort of voltage regulator that is in the electronics somewhere to the fuel pump. this is wierd. the alt. is good and the battery is pretty new.

same sort of thing happens to mine, i have a 94 with the stock fuel pump still, and when my foot off the break it makes a wining noise, with my foot on the break it changes pitch and does what you say yours does, i think its normal but i do know its starting to be time for me to replace mine...now if only it wasnt for this pesky thing called money...