Soon To Be GT Owner

$EMoney$

Dec 21, 2004
Ok so either Monday or Tuesday I'll be buying a 2004 Screaming Yellow GT. I was just curious to find out what everyone thinks that the first essential mods are? I was also looking for a short shifter but haven't been able to find anything anyone know a site?

Thanks

E$

• Sponsors (?)

$EMoney$ said:
Ok so either Monday or Tuesday I'll be buying a 2004 Screaming Yellow GT. I was just curious to find out what everyone thinks that the first essential mods are? I was also looking for a short shifter but haven't been able to find anything anyone know a site?

Thanks

E$

Short throw is a very good start!!! Then I would say an off road mid-pipe, exhaust and gears.... Congrats!!!

mustangtuning.com
partshopper.com
haneymotorsports.com
modularpowerhouse.com
gefrcing.com (high shipping prices though)

there are so many more. pic up a monthly mustang magazine as well

$EMoney$ said:
Thanks
E$
Good start, thank god you didnt say CAI.

Shifter
gears.
midpipe and catback for sound

$EMoney$ said:

Thanks

E$
I'd go with Neon lights throughout the undercarriage and some boom tubes on the end of the tail pipes. I really can’t stress the importance of a proper “fart” sound when you get on and off the gas. It’s tough to do with a useless V8, but we gotta play the hand we’re dealt. If you still find it a little down on power, I've found installing the neon windshield wiper squirters and a few stickers along the quarter windows are every bit as good as a nitrous….er…I mean NAAAWWWWS. If that mod alone don't give you 50hp, I don't know what will. It’s a shame they didn’t make these cars with 4-cylinder and VTEC technology, they’d be much faster, but I think you could probably get away with just badging one up like a Honda, just the same. People would think you already did the swap. Finally, get a hold of the biggest aluminium wing you’re able to and strap it to the back. You’ll know it’s big enough when you can’t see out of the rear view mirror anymore. It doesn’t really do a lot for performance, since we all know it’s a mod restricted to front wheel drive cars only…( what, you didn’t thing that adding down force to rear end of a RWD would do anything did you…that’s just plain silly!), but I think if you were to keep quiet about it, you might pull it off. As far as the shifter is concerned, it's really a waste of money to buy a whole one. Just go with a brushed aluminium anodized ball on the stocker. It's good for several tenths, but only if it's paired up with a set of matching pedal covers. All these mods should give you tremendous boost in horsepower, but make sure that when you do decide to take someone on, that all your races start from a 30-roll. Going from a dig is for pussies. I see solid 15’s in your future my friend.

….tell your friends that Gearbanger sent ya. :nice: