Sorry...ANOTHER exhaust question...

nccobra97

Feb 27, 2010
OK everybody....sorry for this but I still have questions....
I have a bone stock 97 Cobra...exhaust in great shape, but want
LOUDER!...want to just have new mufflers welded in...
Flowmaster (which series???) or SLP (thinking Loudmouth 2's)
I"ve read every post...listened to every youtube video, and still just
can't make up my mind...
Love to here EVERYONE"S opinions....
Thanks...

• Sponsors (?)

Exhaust is very subjective and I really don't know what you mean by louder... a little louder, or Pro Stock? My best suggestion is to go to a local car show or drag strip and listen to the cars in person, see what you like, anybody that has the sound you're looking for is going to be glad to tell you what they are using. Youtube doesn't help much, you don't get a realistic idea. I would steer away from FlowMasters, they tend to have a drone that drives people crazy. A catback swap is going to make it a little louder. Going to a highflow mid pipe with cats will be a bit louder still, an offroad mid pipe without cats will be much louder, and an offroad mid with long tubes and dumps is going to rattle windows a few blocks away. I have a number of options available, pm me if you're interested. There's a great sticky on allfordmustangs 4.6 section about exhaust, I would suggest reading it as well, it will answer all your exhaust questions.

Thanks for the advise...I'm looking at keepin' everything else stock (cats, H pipe...) just
somewhat louder than stock (wanna turn a few heads...not induce total tone deafness)
Budget is a serious consideration (2 small children), and I don't get to too many car shows
(my work schedule is CRAZY!!!)
I'll check out allfordmustangs...any other advise would be greatly appreciated (still thinkin'
SLP LM2's.....hmmm....)
Thanks again...

I put SLP LM1's on my wife's 96. It still had stock manifolds and the stock h-pipe. She got compliments on how it sounded most every time she drove it. With the DOHC engine, it had a very exotic sound to it. Go for it.

Wythors...
LM1's?...would love em'...
Not too loud, huh?...
Mine's a 'vert....but definitely want to turn some heads..., (it's my daily driver)
that's why I was thinkin' LM2's...
Thanks...