Sorry, needing to vent!

95BlueStallion

My assy trans to myself
15 Year Member
Feb 22, 2007
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
So I leave a stop sign on a back county road in rural Iowa. I dont leave hard, just normal driving but I heard a rattle. The next stop sign I leave a little harder to try to create the rattle to hear it better. Then when I get to an open stretch of highway with no traffic, I come to full stop and leave as hard as possible and the rattle is loud! Well, just figures that there is a police officer parked down another black top about a mile down the road from where I was. As I pass him after doing the hard launch he proceeds to pull me over. He immediately has an attitude after approaching my window and asks, "What the hell are you thinking?" I responded that I was trying to recreate and listen for a rattle in my car. He says, "So youre saying a rattle made your tires scream through first and second gear?" (Mind you I have MT ET streets and barely get them to break in first). I responded, "Well sir I left hard on purpose to create the rattle I was listening for. He then asks if I think he is stupid and tells me he should give me a wreckless driving ticket..." I said, "Sir it wont happen again, Im sorry if I somehow upset you." He then says, "Go home and quit lying the police when you get caught being an idiot." What the ***** was the big deal? I was in rural Iowa where I could see 5 miles in front and behind me, there was no traffic, and I happened to not see him perched on top of hill on a side road almost a mile down from me... Plus, I never even sped really, I accelerated hard up to 50 mph and then shifted to 5th to level out at 60mph in a 55... I guess from now on I will have to take my car to the dyno to be able to let it rip to listen for funny noises! What is the world coming to these days?! I wasnt driving a get away car from a Los Angeles robbery, give me a break! :mad: Cops like that need to find a new profession where they can take their anger out on someone deserving. :nonono: Rant over.

• Sponsors (?)

all it makes me think of is that inept cop that drives the duke boys around on the newer dukes of hazard movie......luckily for me, i've never got a speeding ticket. Got a warning once for no front license plate on a p/u. Did get pulled over once by a game warden for getting on the throttle after turning off the highway..he said "I could barely catch ya!"

I think I just fit the mold too well of a young man in sports car. If so, fine, give me the ticket and let me go on my way, rather than calling me names and accusing me of lying. I do my fair share of stupid things in my car, but I will admit it when Im called out on it. His attitude was un-called for.

I would have responded with "I would tell you all about why I did that but you will think I'm full of it." At least as a disclaimer before he again asks for an explanation. It wouldn't help much but at least he sounds more authentic. Some cops are just jerks. They are the type who thought they were cool in high school but nobody liked them so now they get their revenge on the world.