Sorry, this is not a normal code question. Need help please.

So I bought my wife a 95 stang with the 3.8 for $400. It needed a motor so I found one for $150. Put it in & computer is spiting out codes. Have 2 or maybe 3? This is the trouble. I dont have a scanner so I used my dad's. My wife wrote down the code as I yelled them off. Its been like 3 months at least & I dont remember what they where. The way she wrote them Its to hard to tell, so all you guys that are more then just parts changers (me) should be able to make since of this.

First code said PO135 heater ckt. Must be o2? Any pep talks on this code?
Second is one code of two mixed together.
Ho2s11 fault.
third is p1116 ect sensor out of range.

Tried my best to make since out of her writing. On the second code the "S" could be a 5? Thanks for any help guys. Bet I could figure it all out but thanks to the net & your help I might save some money & time by not just throwing parts at it.

• Sponsors (?)

P0135- O2 Sensor heater circuit malfunction- Bank 1 Sensor 1. This is the O2 sensor on the left side in front of the cat. Replace it.

P1116- Engine coolant temperature sensor out of self test range. The sensor might have failed or it might be unplugged. Check the plug and if it's fine replace the sensor.

As for the second code, you need to pull it again. Codes don't begin with H and there are no 2xxx codes.

Sounds like you got a lot of car for $550! Hope you get the codes worked out!

P0135- O2 Sensor heater circuit malfunction- Bank 1 Sensor 1. This is the O2 sensor on the left side in front of the cat. Replace it.

P1116- Engine coolant temperature sensor out of self test range. The sensor might have failed or it might be unplugged. Check the plug and if it's fine replace the sensor.

As for the second code, you need to pull it again. Codes don't begin with H and there are no 2xxx codes.

Sounds like you got a lot of car for $550! Hope you get the codes worked out!

Thanks for the info & yes I did get a steal of a deal on the car. Even has like new tires on it. Since my post I have done some searching and found more info on the ho2s11 code.
HO2S11 not switching correctly. Sensor indicates rich.

HO2S11 not switching correctly. Sensor indicates rich.
Low Manifold Vacuum on TMAP systems only.
High Fuel Pressure
This DTC may be caused by :
Air intake restriction

I hope that is caused by the o2 code. Are you sure its the left o2 code cause someone said its the upstream pass sd. That would be the right side. I do remember that I set the motor down on the harness plug for that o2 (didnt see it work its way in from the back sd). Its seemed ok then. Also I didnt remove them from the header's and broke one on the driver sd. I put another one on it from the bad motor. May have put the wrong one on? Thought they did the same thing?

You broke an O2 sensor? Or a header pipe? Also,when you bought the motor,did you get the header pipes and the rest of the exhaust? I'm just trying to figure out where you got the other O2 sensors from.

The exhaust system on these cars have a total of 4 O2 sensors.2 up front near the headers and 2 just after the catalytic converters.The 2 sensors near the headers read the exhaust gases then relay the info back to the PCM ,which then adjusts the air/fuel ratio accordingly ...then back and forth and so on. The 2 sensors just after the cats ONLY read exhaust gas changes.They are used to determine the efficiency of the converters. So in other words,yeah the fronts and backs are quite different.When you replace,replace with the exact same sensor (Either one of the fronts will work on the fronts only).

The harness you set the motor on,make sure there are no bent pins on the O2 plugs or excessively pinched wires.

I did not change the headers, just the o2 on the header that is on the driver side. the header would not brake loose from the pipe so I had to leave it in when I dropped the motor in the o2 broke.
The o2 sensor wire plug that connects to the pass side header was the one that was crushed between the motor & the mount.
So what my question is. Is what o2 is having trouble per the po135 code? I bet it's one or the other up front. If I had to guess Id say its the plug on the one that got crushed (wasn't that bad)? Just trying to make sure. I only have one warm day to work with & need to be as sure as possible. Thanks.
I could also have a header leak since I took them off & put the best two out of the four gaskets on. Trying to cut corners. Auto part stores here are a pain. Is their a for sure way to find out if it has a small leak? Never smelled or seen smoke when I revved it.

You broke an O2 sensor? Or a header pipe? Also,when you bought the motor,did you get the header pipes and the rest of the exhaust? I'm just trying to figure out where you got the other O2 sensors from.

The exhaust system on these cars have a total of 4 O2 sensors.2 up front near the headers and 2 just after the catalytic converters.The 2 sensors near the headers read the exhaust gases then relay the info back to the PCM ,which then adjusts the air/fuel ratio accordingly ...then back and forth and so on. The 2 sensors just after the cats ONLY read exhaust gas changes.They are used to determine the efficiency of the converters. So in other words,yeah the fronts and backs are quite different.When you replace,replace with the exact same sensor (Either one of the fronts will work on the fronts only).

The harness you set the motor on,make sure there are no bent pins on the O2 plugs or excessively pinched wires.

bump

02s

you can also check your fuses..with multipull codes,it does happen... an exhaust leak would be a lean/rich code.look at the pick and look at the link to another story with some information..2003 PCED OBD SECTION 1: Description and Operation
Procedure revision date: 08/28/2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Monitor
The HO2S Monitor is an on-board strategy designed to monitor the HO2S sensors for a malfunction or deterioration which can affect emissions. The fuel control or Stream 1 HO2S sensors are checked for proper output voltage and response rate (the time it takes to switch from lean to rich or rich to lean). Stream 2 HO2S sensors used for Catalyst Monitoring, and Stream 3 HO2S sensors used for FAOS (Fore-Aft Oxygen Sensor) control are also monitored for proper output voltage. Input is required from the ECT or CHT, IAT, MAF and CKP sensors to activate the HO2S Monitor. The Fuel System Monitor and Misfire Detection Monitor must also have completed successfully before the HO2S Monitor is enabled.

The HO2S sensor senses the oxygen content in the exhaust flow and outputs a voltage between zero and 1.0 volt. Lean of stoichiometric (air/fuel ratio of approximately 14.7:1), the HO2S will generate a voltage between zero and 0.45 volt. Rich of stoichiometric, the HO2S will generate a voltage between 0.45 and 1.0 volt. The HO2S Monitor evaluates the Stream 1 (Fuel Control) and Stream 2 (Catalyst Monitor) and the Stream 3 (FAOS Control) HO2Ss for proper function.
Once the HO2S Monitor is enabled, the Stream 1 HO2S signal voltage amplitude and response frequency are checked. Excessive voltage is determined by comparing the HO2S signal voltage to a maximum calibratable threshold voltage. A fixed frequency closed loop fuel control routine is executed and the Stream 1 HO2S voltage amplitude and output response frequency are observed. A sample of the Stream 1 HO2S signal is evaluated to determine if the sensor is capable of switching or has a slow response rate. A HO2S heater circuit fault is determined by turning the heater on and off and looking for a corresponding change in the Output State Monitor (OSM) and by measuring the current going through the heater circuit. Since the 2002 Model Year, vehicles will monitor the HO2S signal for a high voltage, in excess of 1.5 volts. The HO2S Monitor DTCs can be categorized as follows:
The MIL is activated after a fault is detected on two consecutive drive cycles.
The HO2S Monitor DTCs can be catagorized as follows:

HO2S signal circuit malfunction - P0131, P0136, P0151, P0156.
HO2S slow response rate - P0133, P0153.
HO2S circuit high voltage - P0132, P0138, P0144, P0152, P0158, P0164.
HO2S heater circuit malfunction - P0135, P0141, P0155, P0161, P0147, P0167.
HO2S heater current malfunction - P0053, P0054, P0055, P0059, P0060, P0061.
Donwstream HO2S not running in on-demand self test - P1127.
Swapped HO2S connectors - P0040, P0041, P1128, P1129, P2278.
HO2S lack of switching - P1131, P1132, P1151, P1152, P2195, P2196, P2197, P2198.
HO2S lack of switching (Sensor indicates lean) - P1137, P1157, P2270, P2272, P2274, P2276.
HO2S lack of switching (Sensor indicates rich) - P1138, P1158, P2271, P2273, P2275, P2277.

Figure 11: Heated Oxygen Sensor Monitor

Figure 12: Heated Oxygen Sensor Monitor - PZEV (Partial Zero Emission Vehicle) Focus Only

http://forums.stangnet.com/772698-ok-need-some-info-i-am-going-set-fire.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you can also check your fuses..with multipull codes,it does happen... an exhaust leak would be a lean/rich code.look at the pick and look at the link to another story with some information..2003 PCED OBD SECTION 1: Description and Operation
Procedure revision date: 08/28/2003

Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Monitor
The HO2S Monitor is an on-board strategy designed to monitor the HO2S sensors for a malfunction or deterioration which can affect emissions. The fuel control or Stream 1 HO2S sensors are checked for proper output voltage and response rate (the time it takes to switch from lean to rich or rich to lean). Stream 2 HO2S sensors used for Catalyst Monitoring, and Stream 3 HO2S sensors used for FAOS (Fore-Aft Oxygen Sensor) control are also monitored for proper output voltage. Input is required from the ECT or CHT, IAT, MAF and CKP sensors to activate the HO2S Monitor. The Fuel System Monitor and Misfire Detection Monitor must also have completed successfully before the HO2S Monitor is enabled.

The HO2S sensor senses the oxygen content in the exhaust flow and outputs a voltage between zero and 1.0 volt. Lean of stoichiometric (air/fuel ratio of approximately 14.7:1), the HO2S will generate a voltage between zero and 0.45 volt. Rich of stoichiometric, the HO2S will generate a voltage between 0.45 and 1.0 volt. The HO2S Monitor evaluates the Stream 1 (Fuel Control) and Stream 2 (Catalyst Monitor) and the Stream 3 (FAOS Control) HO2Ss for proper function.
Once the HO2S Monitor is enabled, the Stream 1 HO2S signal voltage amplitude and response frequency are checked. Excessive voltage is determined by comparing the HO2S signal voltage to a maximum calibratable threshold voltage. A fixed frequency closed loop fuel control routine is executed and the Stream 1 HO2S voltage amplitude and output response frequency are observed. A sample of the Stream 1 HO2S signal is evaluated to determine if the sensor is capable of switching or has a slow response rate. A HO2S heater circuit fault is determined by turning the heater on and off and looking for a corresponding change in the Output State Monitor (OSM) and by measuring the current going through the heater circuit. Since the 2002 Model Year, vehicles will monitor the HO2S signal for a high voltage, in excess of 1.5 volts. The HO2S Monitor DTCs can be categorized as follows:
The MIL is activated after a fault is detected on two consecutive drive cycles.
The HO2S Monitor DTCs can be catagorized as follows:

HO2S signal circuit malfunction - P0131, P0136, P0151, P0156.
HO2S slow response rate - P0133, P0153.
HO2S circuit high voltage - P0132, P0138, P0144, P0152, P0158, P0164.
HO2S heater circuit malfunction - P0135, P0141, P0155, P0161, P0147, P0167.
HO2S heater current malfunction - P0053, P0054, P0055, P0059, P0060, P0061.
Donwstream HO2S not running in on-demand self test - P1127.
Swapped HO2S connectors - P0040, P0041, P1128, P1129, P2278.
HO2S lack of switching - P1131, P1132, P1151, P1152, P2195, P2196, P2197, P2198.
HO2S lack of switching (Sensor indicates lean) - P1137, P1157, P2270, P2272, P2274, P2276.
HO2S lack of switching (Sensor indicates rich) - P1138, P1158, P2271, P2273, P2275, P2277.

Figure 11: Heated Oxygen Sensor Monitor

Figure 12: Heated Oxygen Sensor Monitor - PZEV (Partial Zero Emission Vehicle) Focus Only

http://forums.stangnet.com/772698-ok-need-some-info-i-am-going-set-fire.html

Thanks a lot. great info. I am sure to get it on the road in no time.