Fox Source for replacement molded hood pad?

CtCarl

Apr 27, 2002
Southern Connecticut
Other than the odd one appearing from time to time on eBay, anyone have a source for a proper molded hood pad for a Foxbody? The pad on my '87 is looking a little ragged above the battery, but I don't want a flat one, or one with a "pony" logo, or rhinestones that light up, just the correct original molded type.

I don't want to take it off, either. No idea what's lurking behind that 33-year-old pad, plus I don't want the wire for the hood light hanging in the breeze.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

WOW! Last year I was searching for one for my '91 vert and found them easily for about $150 average. I found them on Ebay, CJ's, American Muscle. I think I ended up getting mine through CJ's. Yes, these were proper NOS hood pads. I just looked and POOF! Seems they are indeed gone now! :(

I just picked one up last year.

I’d check Tasca Ford parts against the part number and see if one pops up

E7ZZ-16738-A

D3E443B8-FC40-40E0-B409-B985F33A9325.jpeg

Edit: wow. Just searched and discontinued everywhere. Guess I should have bought a few

^
Verified Buyer
I got what I paid for. It was not a good fit and looked like a cheap blanket attached to the under side of the hood. I would not recommend.

Submited on April 02, 2020 by Troy L.

Reactions: 1 users
^
Verified Buyer
I got what I paid for. It was not a good fit and looked like a cheap blanket attached to the under side of the hood. I would not recommend.

Submited on April 02, 2020 by Troy L.
That would be why I said it was not a proper molded replacement. The stuff they make for replacements for all cars is never as nice as the original. I don't know why not.

Interesting! I suspect that if I tried to place an order, I'd find that they didn't have it...and I can't imagine what they'd charge to ship that to the US...I couldn't find any shipping options on their site except "pickup".
That's what, an 8 hour drive? Make a weekend trip of it. Tell your wife it's a romantic getaway but you have to make one stop.

Reactions: 1 users
That's...uh...quite a trip to make for an old Mustang hood pad. Especially when maybe ten people have even seen the underside of my hood in the past thirty-three years.
I live about 4 hours south of National Parts Depot in Ocala. One time when I had a big parts order, I decided to take the drive as Rick always has eight or so really cool cars in the lobby. He has well over 200 in his collection and he swaps them around from time to time. That particular visit his white 70 Mach 1 was in the lobby which was perfect because that's exactly what I'm working on. Sadly, mine will never look as good as his.

Anyway, to save the $9 shipping, we did an overnight stay in Orlando with my wife, 2 kids and grandson. Then after the resort, a quick drive to NPD, pick up parts, then off to Silver Springs for the glass bottom boats. My grandson still talks about that trip and what a great time he had. It was a great weekend for everybody. I rarely get any complaints about wanting to go on trips like that just because it's fun for everybody.

You might save even more than $9 on shipping, which would make it even better.

I think ford is starting to discontinue a lot of fox parts. They always price drop right before discontinue.

this part used to be $100. Might want to scoop one up and squirrel it away

To follow up on this...I placed an order for the above part as well as a power steering reservoir as the price was much cheaper than I had seen anywhere else ($18.30). I got an email stating that the power steering reservoir is out of stock and not able to be located. It seems that the coolant tubes are still in stock and that part of the order will be able to be filled.

Note that as of now NPD still carries the reservoir but guessing that once those sell out they will be gone. I have also noticed that NPD has recently sold out of the brass brake line union (near the passenger hinge hood cup) and that does not appear to be in stock anywhere else either.

It seems that the coolant tubes are still in stock and that part of the order will be able to be filled.

I received my coolant tube last week. The label on the Box shows it was made in early 2019, with a discard date of 12/19. Tasca sent me an email stating they had to order the part from another dealer before sending it to me. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that these heater tubes will be discontinued shortly.

I received my coolant tube last week. The label on the Box shows it was made in early 2019, with a discard date of 12/19. Tasca sent me an email stating they had to order the part from another dealer before sending it to me. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that these heater tubes will be discontinued shortly.

Just looked back at my order email and noticed the same thing. That the part requires 3-5 days and a special order. Did not see that at first..fingers crossed it shows up, if not I will be buying one from NPD while they still have them.

I never got a follow up email after that. Part just showed up.

I've ordered parts in the past that were discontinued and usually you get an email pretty quick stating it's unable to be located. I'm sure that tube will show up shortly.