sparkplug wires...? need help choosing a set.

trav_19

Oct 29, 2006
Jackson, MI
ok i have wanted the 9mm ford racing had my dad's store order them but i havent picked them up yet...i can send them back if i dont want them not a problem at all... i was thinking of doing a all blue theme the hose ends on my cold air are blue cap is blue but my msd coil is red so i think a combo wouldn't look bad and of course i want it to perform good lol...so post some pics of your wires and tell me what they are and the sizes thanks a lot

• Sponsors (?)

if you want the best possible wires, I haven't seen anything better than performance distributors

I've heard both good and bad about MSD, and same goes for FRPP

If you're running LTs (or plan to be) I wouldn't hesitate about spending the extra $$ on performance distributors wires. They have a superior heat resistant outer lining and the quality is top notch

Several buddies and myself have had GREAT results with the FMS wires. Far more so than any other brand. This is a pool out of about 12 mustangs/lightnings all have had the best results and lifespan with the FMS ones.

That said I wouldnt mind getting a set of livewires and see what they do.

yea i like the fms one they look good theres 9mm and they are pretty cheap my cost.... i havent heard anyone who runs the msd's surprsingly and i have no idea who performance distrubitor is do you have a link to there page?? i want to get a idea on price i have heard good things about livewires

does anyone know why fms kits dont include coil wires for the 94-95??? does it come with a coil wire at all??? if i got to use my stocker coil wire screw that set lol but if it come with a long coil wire i guess i could shorten it up

yea i like the fms one they look good theres 9mm and they are pretty cheap my cost.... i havent heard anyone who runs the msd's surprsingly and i have no idea who performance distrubitor is do you have a link to there page?? i want to get a idea on price i have heard good things about livewires

does anyone know why fms kits dont include coil wires for the 94-95??? does it come with a coil wire at all??? if i got to use my stocker coil wire screw that set lol but if it come with a long coil wire i guess i could shorten it up

you can try swapping the coil end to the FMS ones. I kinda "screwd" a wireset on return by making a coil wire and re-turning the rest as "they wouldnt fit"...after messing with it I think you may be able to swap the clip over to a FMS wire. IF not the shorter one in the kit will fit, just not like stock.

IIRC livewires are like 100$

I run Mallory Sidewinders on the 88 (nice fit on that engine) and MSD's SC's on the 94. The SC's are too short IMHO (I cant find a way to run them where they dont sit on the valve covers).

Though the discount thing would bite you, a tip from Tim is that AFM has wires that reportely fit 94-95's properly.

What does Andy run? His wires are sharp lookin. :nice: They might be PD wires.

Good luck.

I've heard of far to many people running forced induction setups and fms 9mm wires having spark blowout issues. Wether their resistance is to high...or just poor quality control I'm not sure.

I myself have had excellent luck with moroso ultra 40's. They have super low resistance and are top notch quality.

Whatever brand you decide, make sure to buy a "cut to length" wire set. Anything else will look like hell as the wires are typically far to long.

site1090.jpg

i found there website from searching through yahoo but i dont understand it it dosent allow you any color options i dont even see what color they are?? the only color selections are the mystery color and camo talk about gay...

so what size are livewires like 10mm or something??