• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

Speed Limiter

  • Thread starter Thread starter Guero
  • Start date Start date Nov 8, 2006

Guero

Active Member
Oct 11, 2005
2,148
0
47
Nov 8, 2006
#1
  • Nov 8, 2006
  • #1
I was wondering if we have 1?? I read somewere were we do, but it just lowers timing and adds fuel making it harder to go faster. Is this true? If so how does it work????
 

1slow95

Founding Member
May 16, 2002
1,797
3
48
ohio
Nov 9, 2006
#2
  • Nov 9, 2006
  • #2
I did a 5th gear run from 90 to 145 when my car was completely stock, so that tells me there is no speed limiter.
 

smitty_64

New Member
May 27, 2006
75
0
0
Nov 9, 2006
#3
  • Nov 9, 2006
  • #3
Mine got to about 115-120 when stock, and started laboring. I had heard that the speed limiter kicked in at 115 with the stock computer.
 

Guero

Active Member
Oct 11, 2005
2,148
0
47
Nov 9, 2006
#4
  • Nov 9, 2006
  • #4
When i was stock i did 140. But i like i said it, i read that it doesn't stop you. The computer just makes it harder to get that speed. Thus Adding fuel a retarding timing.... So is there any truth to that?
 

final5-0

Mustang Master
Apr 6, 2003
6,817
12
79
DFW Texas
Nov 9, 2006
#5
  • Nov 9, 2006
  • #5
Look at the function called high speed fuel enrichment or something similar to that name

IIRC ............
the j4j1 starts to add fuel at 90mph
and
the t4m0 starts around 120mph

We did a thread about it several weeks ago so ............
there might be more info there

Don't remember seeing anything pull spark based upon speed

Grady
 
Z

zZsKyZz

Member
Dec 1, 2005
503
0
17
Nov 9, 2006
#6
  • Nov 9, 2006
  • #6
I've gotten my speedo around past the 150MPH mark... Something I never wanna do again...especially with the top down..

To my knowledge and experience, there is no speed limiter, I just ran out of RPMs
 

divit250r

Member
Mar 31, 2005
314
0
16
Columbia City, IN
Nov 9, 2006
#7
  • Nov 9, 2006
  • #7
The only time I dyno'd my car was when it had the stock 2.73 gears and I spun it around to near 150 MPH. I don't think there is a limiter, just common sense and no real need to go that fast unless you're on the salt flats or dry lakes. lol
 

20new5.0

New Member
Sep 16, 2005
125
0
0
Camarillo, CA
Nov 9, 2006
#8
  • Nov 9, 2006
  • #8
I have a stock computer and i've had mine up to 135MPH without a problem, I'm pretty sure I could have gone faster but there was a turn comming up pretty fast.
 

GToddyT5

Founding Member
Jan 14, 2002
553
0
16
Hamilton, NJ
Nov 9, 2006
#9
  • Nov 9, 2006
  • #9
I pinned mine with plenty left in her, prob about 160...but I have a chip.
 
T

tjh566

New Member
May 22, 2004
608
0
0
Northern Va
Nov 9, 2006
#10
  • Nov 9, 2006
  • #10
ive been to 130 no problems, still had plenty to go but i backed down.
 
O

odiedog

Founding Member
Jun 2, 2002
210
0
0
Little Rock, Ar.
Nov 9, 2006
#11
  • Nov 9, 2006
  • #11
zZsKyZz said:
I've gotten my speedo around past the 150MPH mark... Something I never wanna do again...especially with the top down..
Click to expand...

New meaning to bad hair day!!! My hats off to you
 
R

red95gtconvert

New Member
May 29, 2006
382
0
0
Ponca city, OK
Nov 9, 2006
#12
  • Nov 9, 2006
  • #12
I've had mine to 140 , so I don't think there is a speed limiter.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

W
Speedometer and shifting issues
  • wyatt-tetro891
  • Aug 17, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
217
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 18, 2026
wyatt-tetro891
W
G
Octane on the 5.0 Coyote
  • gray owl
  • May 17, 2026
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk
Replies
7
Views
383
2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk May 27, 2026
Bullitt347
R
Microsquirt tune for stroked 351W in a foxbody
  • roldy
  • Jul 26, 2026
  • Digital Self-tuning Forum
Replies
6
Views
245
Digital Self-tuning Forum Aug 11, 2026
roldy
R
Y
Speed density 302 to carb 351W
  • yaboity
  • May 29, 2026
  • Fox Engine Swaparoo
Replies
1
Views
184
Fox Engine Swaparoo May 29, 2026
AeroCoupe
R
Fox Hydroboost conversion/proportional valve
  • RubyRedNotch
  • Jul 20, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
98
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 20, 2026
RubyRedNotch
R
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?