Speedometer Stopped Working

Timin

Founding Member
Jul 23, 2001
Houston
The car used to have 4.10's (currently has 3.27's) installed and I had a Dallas Mustang SpeedCal that I used to calibrate the speedometer. Both the Speedometer and the Tachometer stopped working, the car was throwing a check engine light as well. I pulled the codes and it was generating a P0500. All of the connections for the SpeedCal still seemed correct in the VSS, I pulled out the Speedo Gear in the VSS and it seemed to be in good shape, so I ended up replacing the VSS.

After the initial start up the RPM's/Tach were not reading while I let the car heat up (the needle was sitting at 0,) but once I started driving around the Speedometer and Tach both began working. I drove the car a short distance and parked it, and ever since the Speedometer has not read at all.

I checked the SpeedCal wiring below the shifter and I have the Red/Hot wire connecting to the Blue/White wire that was going to the cigarette lighter. I checked the Fuse under the hood and it is good.

Right now all of the gauges/needles work except for the Speedometer/Odometer, and I'm not sure where to go next.

-Karl

Attachments

• Wiring.JPG
    Wiring.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 147
  • Cigarette Lighter.JPG
    Cigarette Lighter.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 133
  • Sponsors (?)