spider gears

• Sponsors (?)

Nope, worm gears are in torque sensing differentials. There are 4 spider gears per differential, and they are different between open differentials, and limited slip ones. Two of the gears are splined to take your axles. The other two gears rotate on the cross shaft. If your rear end is stock, you need 28 spline axles. They can be had from many vehicles, such as any MN12, some Rangers, and F150s. I have some from my old diff, if you want them.

The open carrier gears I have right here have no numbers stamped on them at all. Not sure what to tell ya. Just go to a stealership, and ask for stock spider gears for a 28 spline limited slip 8.8 differential. Or, just grab some from a junkyard. There's a ton of options here.

The open carrier gears I have right here have no numbers stamped on them at all. Not sure what to tell ya. Just go to a stealership, and ask for stock spider gears for a 28 spline limited slip 8.8 differential. Or, just grab some from a junkyard. There's a ton of options here.

just checked mine & they have M01 stamped on them on the splined, & N58 on the others