Spider webs in the paint!

• Sponsors (?)

if you cant feel them with your fingernail then they are probably under the clear somehow... Get some 2000grit sand paper and wetsand the spot then buff it out... That'll probably be your best bet but dont sand through the clear coat.

Yup...had some of those on mine before...right in the rear drivers side roof panel...it was about 3" in diameter....i could never get it out....had some on the hood to...looks like White spider webs under the clearcoat....

I showed them to a body guy when he was buffing a truck out....he put the rubbing/buffing compound to it, then the polish....it removed it....
He said something like bird chit musta ate into the clear or something sat on the paint for awhile to do that???

If you attempt to wetsand it... as said, go with 1500 or 2000, very carefully....I dont remember if he wetsanded it or not???...It was real noticable though, and it was 99% gone after he did it...mines Red so the "spidering" showed up bigtime...he did that like 2 years ago and it was still just barely noticable before i repainted the car this year...

no, I can't feel it with my fingernail.

What buffing/polishing compound did he use? I have the Meguiars paint cleaner, polish and wax. It didn't do a whole lot except hide the spider webs a little.

I would like to know what compound to use. I don't want to resort to wetsanding, but if it's necessary, then I will. I can always try a test spot, and see if it works.

I did buy a orbital buffer, and it made things much easier. Hopefully the buffer + a good compound will do the trick. Just need to know which one to try.
Scott

Ya, wetsanding should be a last resort....This guy used compound for buffing out new paint...we use Meguiars stuff for that...I can get the name tommorrow....I know its the Cream colored stuff for buffing, then Black for polishing....we buy it by the gallon....I have 3 buds who buff, so I never really paid attention to what it was.... I just know it makes a freakin mess flyin all over the place... :D

This is prolly a tad more heavy duty that what your probably are using. I'll get back to you with the specifics...

On the link that Zach left you can see the ones we used..

3M Perfect-It II...#05973 rubbing compound...this is used on wool pad....I don't know if your orbital has enuf sack to really work the compound??? RPM wise??

For the polish...05996 used on foam pad,for darker paint color, is what we have or 05995 for lighter colors......

RIO5.0 said:
On the link that Zach left you can see the ones we used..

3M Perfect-It II...#05973 rubbing compound...this is used on wool pad....I don't know if your orbital has enuf sack to really work the compound??? RPM wise??

For the polish...05996 used on foam pad,for darker paint color, is what we have or 05995 for lighter colors......

Where can I get the compounds locally? I don't know any places that sell them. If I have to I will get them online. But I guess I am kind of anxious to clean the hood up.

My buffer is rated at 3800 OPM BTW.
Scott