Spintech and Dr. Gas

Lapse138

Aug 19, 2003
Louisville, KY
Alright guys, i think this might have been touched upon before, but is the spintech xpipe the exact same as the dr. gas xpipe? Also, doesnt the spintech xpipe come welded together? And as for a catback, i will be purchasing one of these xpipes here in the near future and seeling my bassani, i was curious which catback would sound better with either of these xpipes, spintech or borla. Right now I'm leaning more towards spintech because it is the same company that makes the xpipe so they should sound perfect together. Please answer my question and give me some input on this setup. Thanks a lot.

• Sponsors (?)

The spintech is different than the DR. Gas. The Dr. Gas has the X mounted much more forward than the Spintech. The Dr. Gas is not welded together, where the Spintech is. I've heard the spintech productes 2-3 less hp because the X is not in the same place as the Dr. Gas...but I can't prove it.

I'm guessing the spintech catback would sound better. Check out www.mustangexhaust.com for some clips. I'm running a Flowmaster Force II catback with my Dr. Gas and it sounds awesome!!

Whatever you decide...Spintech X or Dr. Gas, you'll be happy. :nice:

I have the Spintech x-pipe on my car along with the Spintech catback with Sportsman mufflers. I think it sounds great, and the pieces are of good quality. The Spintech x-pipe does use a Dr. Gas junction, but they have welded a plate on it that says Spintech instead of Dr. Gas. It's a great setup, although I wish I would have gone with the louder mufflers (Pro Streets). Do you have any more questions?

Alright guys, thanks. I think I will be going with this exhaust setup.

BBK LT Headers, Dr. Gas O/R X-pipe, Spintech Side Exhaust.

I'll post sound clips after each install. The side exhaust kit will be the first, probably be ordering it within this next week so hold onto your horses.

What do you think on that setup?

Lapse138 said:
Alright guys, thanks. I think I will be going with this exhaust setup.

BBK LT Headers, Dr. Gas O/R X-pipe, Spintech Side Exhaust.

I'll post sound clips after each install. The side exhaust kit will be the first, probably be ordering it within this next week so hold onto your horses.

What do you think on that setup?

:drool: