Spring rates and spring lengths for t/a phb

cobramanphil

Apr 13, 2004
Bay Area
Hi all,

I did a search and did not find a specific answer so here I go posting for some information. Long story short (for those that don't know) I blew up a viper last year in December (oh those dodge motors suck...or at least the one I had blew prematurely without warning..car was tuned, oil changed, and the motor blew with regular driving). Anyway that pretty much gave me the green light to continue with my cobra project car. I have just finished putting a maximum motorsports panhard bar, a maximum motorsports torque arm, and I have had the torque boxes welded. I also added the adjustable LCA's that maximum uses so that I can add a little bit of ride adjustment and weighting if I get real serious. Anyway I left the H&R sport springs in back and with the new setup they are a bit short and waayyyyy too soft (not sure of the spring rates on the street H&R springs). Anyway I know I need new shocks and would like to get the coilovers in front and back. Which spring rates/lengths are you guys using with coilovers for a say...90% street car? I was thinking 400lbs front and 300lb rear (not sure of the lengths though).

Thanks for any information....:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

seems a little heavy on both. I think run a 300 front 250 rear. I have the bilsteins too. You can call Maximum, and they will tell you exactly what they recommend you use. I ordered the rates they told me I needed, and I could not be happier. 18K on the car, and 3 different suspensions, and the MM stuff I love.

As far as the H&R springs, they make a torque arm specific set for the rear of the car. MM sells these on there site. They are $139.

Give them a call, they will set you right. Never had a bad experience with them or their recommendations yet.

Thanks for the information. Maximum has the h&r torque arm specific springs rated at:

350-390lbs and 390-430lbs for the rear springs. Now that seems kind of too much for the rear of a 94-95 t/a equpped mustang.:eek:

A local shop owner told me to go with 400lb front and 300lb rear.

Maximum tells me 325-350 (depending if I have a heavier 351 block) and 250lbr in the rear regardless if I have a t/a or phb.

I guess I am going to have to do some more research:D