• Community Forums
  • Regional Forums and Event Information

North East SSoM Members!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter whitehorseupnorth
  • Start date Start date Oct 20, 2003
Prev
  • 1
  • …
  • 357
  • 358
  • 359
  • 360
  • 361
  • …
  • 1056
Next
First Prev 359 of 1056 Next Last

gaslight

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2000
3,365
16
99
Maine
May 14, 2005
#7,161
  • May 14, 2005
  • #7,161
FEARNO1 said:
Northern Maine is called "The County"
Click to expand...
NO Aroostock County is called The County! Get your Maine facts straight you stupid flatlander! Thats right now you are a definite flatlander!
 

gaslight

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2000
3,365
16
99
Maine
May 14, 2005
#7,162
  • May 14, 2005
  • #7,162
Dan_Soprano said:
yeah, I need to take all the weight out........spare, jack, tools, cleaning supplies!!
Click to expand...
not to be a dink but a better reaction time would also help. Travis had a better reaction time than you. In bracket racing that can make a big difference.
You both had good runs. Wish I could have been there. I got out of work at 7 then had a friend from work follow me home so he could scope out the roof problems. He figures it would only take us a couple of hours to fix it. Only problem is that he is also building his own house. We will have to play it by ear as to when we could fix it one night after work. Once the roof is done then we can have someone come over and do the siding, wood under the siding, insulation and then sheetrock.
The rain this weekend blows. I was really looking forward to all of getting togther. We always have a blast.
 

gaslight

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2000
3,365
16
99
Maine
May 14, 2005
#7,163
  • May 14, 2005
  • #7,163
Dan_Soprano said:
I wish I would have had another 15 mins or so though......that damn motor gets HOT QUICK!!! Damn Iron block
Click to expand...
How about getting a electric water pump? YOu could run it a little on the battery to help it cool down. Thats what I now have but it is not yet installed. I was in a rush to get everything back togther for this weekend so I didn't put it in plus I needed gaskets for it.
You may think that iron block is a pain but it can take more than the aluminum block can.
 

Dan_Soprano

15 Year Member
May 7, 2003
7,410
54
129
Jacksonville, FL
May 14, 2005
#7,164
  • May 14, 2005
  • #7,164
gaslight said:
not to be a dink but a better reaction time would also help. Travis had a better reaction time than you. In bracket racing that can make a big difference.
You both had good runs. Wish I could have been there. I got out of work at 7 then had a friend from work follow me home so he could scope out the roof problems. He figures it would only take us a couple of hours to fix it. Only problem is that he is also building his own house. We will have to play it by ear as to when we could fix it one night after work. Once the roof is done then we can have someone come over and do the siding, wood under the siding, insulation and then sheetrock.
The rain this weekend blows. I was really looking forward to all of getting togther. We always have a blast.
Click to expand...
street night brother. reaction times was the last thing on my mind. I was too busy concentrating on lauch RPM and slipping the clutch right, and getting my 60' down. I could nail .500-.700 reactions all night long if thats what I was working on. Not the case last night.
 

gaslight

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2000
3,365
16
99
Maine
May 14, 2005
#7,165
  • May 14, 2005
  • #7,165
so how long before you guys get shipped off permanently to Jacksonville? I heard that the planes are being sent there with a whole lot of jobs.
 

gaslight

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2000
3,365
16
99
Maine
May 14, 2005
#7,166
  • May 14, 2005
  • #7,166
Dan_Soprano said:
street night brother. reaction times was the last thing on my mind. I was too busy concentrating on lauch RPM and slipping the clutch right, and getting my 60' down. I could nail .500-.700 reactions all night long if thats what I was working on. Not the case last night.
Click to expand...
I know it wasn't bracket racing last night but if it was then Travis could have you.

Good job Travis.
 

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
4,548
41
98
MAINE
May 14, 2005
#7,167
  • May 14, 2005
  • #7,167
gaslight said:
I know it wasn't bracket racing last night but if it was then Travis could have you.

Good job Travis.
Click to expand...


Thanks Bryan. Dan and I did race one time, not one of our better runs but I was kinda suprised, I got 1/2 down track and looked out of the corner of my eye and thought where the hell is dan??? Then he goes flying by me, I was like WTF!!!! I almost had him Id love to have a KB Blown 04 Cobra Kill

Dan is left lane I was right.

 

Dan_Soprano

15 Year Member
May 7, 2003
7,410
54
129
Jacksonville, FL
May 14, 2005
#7,168
  • May 14, 2005
  • #7,168
Striped5.0 said:
Thanks Bryan. Dan and I did race one time, not one of our better runs but I was kinda suprised, I got 1/2 down track and looked out of the corner of my eye and thought where the hell is dan??? Then he goes flying by me, I was like WTF!!!! I almost had him Id love to have a KB Blown 04 Cobra Kill

Dan is left lane I was right.

Click to expand...
but we forgot to mention I couldn't get it into 2nd gear.............and still WHOOPED THAT ASS!
 

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
4,548
41
98
MAINE
May 14, 2005
#7,169
  • May 14, 2005
  • #7,169
Dan_Soprano said:
but we forgot to mention I couldn't get it into 2nd gear.............and still WHOOPED THAT ASS!
Click to expand...


Hey if I had won that race I dont care if you shifted from 1st to 6th, I still would have won . I still cut a better 60' that time though

Thats just part of racing, just never know what can or will happen. I dident miss any shifts on my 3 runs, I dont think I was as nervous as I was the 1st time I went a few yrs ago.
 

rustang04

Banned
May 4, 2004
239
0
0
May 14, 2005
#7,170
  • May 14, 2005
  • #7,170
oh boy Dan you can just taste that 11
 

Dan_Soprano

15 Year Member
May 7, 2003
7,410
54
129
Jacksonville, FL
May 14, 2005
#7,171
  • May 14, 2005
  • #7,171
rustang04 said:
oh boy Dan you can just taste that 11
Click to expand...
yes, yes I can!
 

rustang04

Banned
May 4, 2004
239
0
0
May 14, 2005
#7,172
  • May 14, 2005
  • #7,172
you going again wednesday
 

Dan_Soprano

15 Year Member
May 7, 2003
7,410
54
129
Jacksonville, FL
May 14, 2005
#7,173
  • May 14, 2005
  • #7,173
rustang04 said:
you going again wednesday
Click to expand...
nope, back to work this week
 

whitehorseupnorth

SSoM President
Founding Member
Sep 9, 2000
1,772
0
36
Maine
May 14, 2005
#7,174
  • May 14, 2005
  • #7,174
gaslight said:
not to be a dink but a better reaction time would also help.
Click to expand...

Hey, smartass... Reaction time has nothing to do with elasped time. If anything, shallow staging would help. His times look good, he just needs to launch harder and shift faster. Powershifting took .3 off my time. Nice job guys.
 

whitehorseupnorth

SSoM President
Founding Member
Sep 9, 2000
1,772
0
36
Maine
May 14, 2005
#7,175
  • May 14, 2005
  • #7,175
gaslight said:
You may think that iron block is a pain but it can take more than the aluminum block can.
Click to expand...

Pound for pound, Aluminum is stronger than steel... Have you had your coffee yet???
 

rustang04

Banned
May 4, 2004
239
0
0
May 14, 2005
#7,176
  • May 14, 2005
  • #7,176
Dan_Soprano said:
nope, back to work this week [/QUOTE

don't you feel a cold comming on for wednesday
Click to expand...
 

whitehorseupnorth

SSoM President
Founding Member
Sep 9, 2000
1,772
0
36
Maine
May 14, 2005
#7,177
  • May 14, 2005
  • #7,177
Kinda, looks like a washout for tomorrow. I was thinking maybe we all meet up for lunch or something... What do ya think?
 

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
4,548
41
98
MAINE
May 14, 2005
#7,178
  • May 14, 2005
  • #7,178
rustang04 said:
don't you feel a cold comming on for wednesday
Click to expand...


HAHA, Id go but I have to work weds as well. I'll deff keep you posted when I go again. I'll prob go again in the begining of June. I have dyno tune session schduled for june 1st in concord N.H and after thats done I'll go to the track again.
 

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
4,548
41
98
MAINE
May 14, 2005
#7,179
  • May 14, 2005
  • #7,179
whitehorseupnorth said:
Kinda, looks like a washout for tomorrow. I was thinking maybe we all meet up for lunch or something... What do ya think?
Click to expand...


I'll go, Bryan are you comming providing your not to busy playing w/ your roof
 

FEARNO1

Founding Member
Sep 1, 2002
1,241
1
39
Maine
May 14, 2005
#7,180
  • May 14, 2005
  • #7,180
Very nice times Dan and Travis...Congrats
 
Prev
  • 1
  • …
  • 357
  • 358
  • 359
  • 360
  • 361
  • …
  • 1056
Next
First Prev 359 of 1056 Next Last
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

M
Too much for me to repair in my current housing situation
  • My Drama Magnet 04 Gt
  • Apr 1, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
8
Views
373
The Welcome Wagon Apr 14, 2026
Noobz347
J
Exhaust manifold to Y-pipe nut & stud dimensions?
  • joeybuddy96
  • Jul 7, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
143
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Jul 9, 2026
joeybuddy96
J
WTB 89 Hatchback interior trim - any color
  • Zero_chance
  • Jun 14, 2026
  • Want to Buy
Replies
2
Views
141
Want to Buy Jun 14, 2026
Noobz347
P
rear Impact absorbers.
  • Praetorious
  • May 4, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
189
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 5, 2026
Praetorious
P
K
3.8 T5 & Bellhousing to 1987 Lincoln 5.0
  • ks65stang
  • Mar 2, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
3
Views
448
Other Auto Tech Mar 3, 2026
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Community Forums
  • Regional Forums and Event Information
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?