• Community Forums
  • Regional Forums and Event Information

North East SSoM Members!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter whitehorseupnorth
  • Start date Start date Oct 20, 2003
Prev
  • 1
  • …
  • 437
  • 438
  • 439
  • 440
  • 441
  • …
  • 1056
Next
First Prev 439 of 1056 Next Last

gaslight

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2000
3,365
16
99
Maine
Aug 21, 2005
#8,761
  • Aug 21, 2005
  • #8,761
It will take a little time. Its nice to stop every now and then just to stretch a little. Gets uncomfortable being in one position too long.
 

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
4,548
41
98
MAINE
Aug 21, 2005
#8,762
  • Aug 21, 2005
  • #8,762
gaslight said:
It will take a little time. Its nice to stop every now and then just to stretch a little. Gets uncomfortable being in one position too long.
Click to expand...


yeah I had to do that a few times. Mostly its b/c of my right hand getting numb for some reason. Not sure if Im holding the grip to tight or if the vibration from the throttle is making it do that but if I come to a light and get off the gas for a min it goes away. My left hand was doing that as well but I started to not grab the bar as tight and now it does not do it and if it does I can just take my hand off the bar and shake it off.
 

FEARNO1

Founding Member
Sep 1, 2002
1,241
1
39
Maine
Aug 21, 2005
#8,763
  • Aug 21, 2005
  • #8,763
Striped5.0 said:
yeah I had to do that a few times. Mostly its b/c of my right hand getting numb for some reason. Not sure if Im holding the grip to tight or if the vibration from the throttle .
Click to expand...

Youre hands will "fall asleep" from the vibration..just need to shake it off.
 

Dan_Soprano

15 Year Member
May 7, 2003
7,410
54
129
Jacksonville, FL
Aug 21, 2005
#8,764
  • Aug 21, 2005
  • #8,764
gaslight said:
You talking about Little Feet? Was the cute red head still with him? I wanted to rip her panties off and do nasty things with her.
Click to expand...
after you get a bulldozer to get all the makeup off her face!
 

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
4,548
41
98
MAINE
Aug 21, 2005
#8,765
  • Aug 21, 2005
  • #8,765
FEARNO1 said:
Youre hands will "fall asleep" from the vibration..just need to shake it off.
Click to expand...


Thanks fred, thats what I thought it prob was but was not sure. Got 167 Miles on it now
 

whitehorseupnorth

SSoM President
Founding Member
Sep 9, 2000
1,772
0
36
Maine
Aug 21, 2005
#8,766
  • Aug 21, 2005
  • #8,766
The weather turnout pretty good for the second day of FFW. Still no Shaw. Where could he be? There were some nice cars today, but not as many as previous years. I didn't get squat! I was the only one with a turbo and I didn't even get the Turbo and High tech award . They gave it to some kid with faleen with a SC. Friggen judges. And to top it all off, I didn't even get top 20!! Anyway the guy with the 95 GT with the lambo doors(white one) got the best of show, so I was happy for him. I will finish out the year with the Windam show and Tasca day, which is Oct. 1st. I hoping for next year to get the funds to do some drivetrain upgrades and just drag the bastard. The car is fun to drive and I'am sick of these lame ass car shows. I feel drag racing it will be more statisfying. I really want to do the true street next year.

Oh by the way Steve did win the True Street, he was very happy. I heard with a good driver the car can run in the mid to low 9's!!! He drives it on the street!!!
 

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
4,548
41
98
MAINE
Aug 21, 2005
#8,767
  • Aug 21, 2005
  • #8,767
Glad it turned out good, I really thought today was going to be a wash out so thats why I did not go. Sucks that you did not get squat b/c that car deserves something w/ as good as it looks. I did put 90 miles on my bike today but damn is my ass hurting now.
 

gaslight

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2000
3,365
16
99
Maine
Aug 21, 2005
#8,768
  • Aug 21, 2005
  • #8,768
Dan_Soprano said:
after you get a bulldozer to get all the makeup off her face!
Click to expand...
I was thinking of putting some white wash on her face.
 

gaslight

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2000
3,365
16
99
Maine
Aug 21, 2005
#8,769
  • Aug 21, 2005
  • #8,769
Striped5.0 said:
my ass hurting now.
Click to expand...
Too much butt sex?
 
L

lxfiveo

Founding Member
Apr 13, 2002
945
0
16
Aug 21, 2005
#8,770
  • Aug 21, 2005
  • #8,770
whitehorseupnorth said:
Oh by the way Steve did win the True Street, he was very happy. I heard with a good driver the car can run in the mid to low 9's!!! He drives it on the street!!!
Click to expand...


With a good driver?!

Gee thanks.

I'll be the one behind the wheel when it runs mid-9's, but the car had all of 4 runs in it when it banged out a 10.1, 10.5 and 10.4 hot lapping, so all-in-all, not too bad. It takes time to tweak things and to learn what the car does well and what it doesn't. There is more boost to be thrown at it, I can leave the line at more boost, etc., etc. The cool thing is I hopped in it at my house, drove to the track, won True Street, then drove home in it.

Too bad I didn't see any of you guys up there on Saturday....been a long time since the Bonney Eagle show I went to with you guys!
 

whitehorseupnorth

SSoM President
Founding Member
Sep 9, 2000
1,772
0
36
Maine
Aug 22, 2005
#8,771
  • Aug 22, 2005
  • #8,771
lxfiveo said:
Too bad I didn't see any of you guys up there on Saturday....been a long time since the Bonney Eagle show I went to with you guys!
Click to expand...


I was there, but I was over in the corral selling parts. I wasn't able to stop over and say hi. I did see your first run. I was very impressed. That car could be King of the street!!!
 

whitehorseupnorth

SSoM President
Founding Member
Sep 9, 2000
1,772
0
36
Maine
Aug 22, 2005
#8,772
  • Aug 22, 2005
  • #8,772
Bryan...

I did see a Mod motor car run a 9.5 at 126mph. Looks like you have some ET to drop..
 

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
4,548
41
98
MAINE
Aug 22, 2005
#8,773
  • Aug 22, 2005
  • #8,773
Steve, Congrats on your runs. Looks like your car is finially running better then it was when you had the KB on it
 

BadVoodoo

Founding Member
Aug 25, 2002
1,552
1
39
Belgrade
Aug 22, 2005
#8,774
  • Aug 22, 2005
  • #8,774
Both Sat. and Sun. looked like a wash, so I ended up not going. The only reason I wanted to go was to compete in the Modular shootout, but I did not want to spend $80 just to get rained out. I did however get down to the track on Friday night, and was well on my way to an 11.4 or 11.5 run. Something happened, lets see if you guys can figure it out.....



60' 1.443
330' 4.640
1/8 7.303
MPH 93.25
1000 9.564
1/4 11.955
MPH 83.23
 

gaslight

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2000
3,365
16
99
Maine
Aug 22, 2005
#8,775
  • Aug 22, 2005
  • #8,775
whitehorseupnorth said:
Bryan...

I did see a Mod motor car run a 9.5 at 126mph. Looks like you have some ET to drop..
Click to expand...
Looks like I have a lot of traction to gain and parts to upgrade. $$$
I'm happy with how the car did with strictly street tires and its the only time I have ever been on a track.
 

gaslight

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2000
3,365
16
99
Maine
Aug 22, 2005
#8,776
  • Aug 22, 2005
  • #8,776
Badstang00 said:
Both Sat. and Sun. looked like a wash, so I ended up not going. The only reason I wanted to go was to compete in the Modular shootout, but I did not want to spend $80 just to get rained out. I did however get down to the track on Friday night, and was well on my way to an 11.4 or 11.5 run. Something happened, lets see if you guys can figure it out.....



60' 1.443
330' 4.640
1/8 7.303
MPH 93.25
1000 9.564
1/4 11.955
MPH 83.23
Click to expand...

Did Jackass break something finally?
Too many double cheeseburgers in your gut?

My page BITCHES
 

FEARNO1

Founding Member
Sep 1, 2002
1,241
1
39
Maine
Aug 22, 2005
#8,777
  • Aug 22, 2005
  • #8,777
Badstang00 said:
Both Sat. and Sun. looked like a wash, so I ended up not going. The only reason I wanted to go was to compete in the Modular shootout, but I did not want to spend $80 just to get rained out. I did however get down to the track on Friday night, and was well on my way to an 11.4 or 11.5 run. Something happened, lets see if you guys can figure it out.....



60' 1.443
330' 4.640
1/8 7.303
MPH 93.25
1000 9.564
1/4 11.955
MPH 83.23
Click to expand...


Did you forget that your car has more than 3 forward gears j/k had to say it.

That is a nice 60' time though..is that still with your bald nittos?
 

gaslight

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2000
3,365
16
99
Maine
Aug 22, 2005
#8,778
  • Aug 22, 2005
  • #8,778
those last couple of numbers are pretty sweet.
 

gaslight

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2000
3,365
16
99
Maine
Aug 22, 2005
#8,779
  • Aug 22, 2005
  • #8,779
Ok, off topic. Last week I took the car to work and when I hopped in at the end of the day the mirror was on the floor. Tonight I bought some glue to put it back on the windshield but I don't know how to seperate the metal part that adhears to the windshield from the arm of the mirror. Anyone have any experiece with this? I have to seperate them so I can glue it back up and let it cure before putting the mirror on that tab. There is a small slot on the underside and you can see some type of mechanism that locks the mirror arm to that metal piece.
 

FEARNO1

Founding Member
Sep 1, 2002
1,241
1
39
Maine
Aug 22, 2005
#8,780
  • Aug 22, 2005
  • #8,780
Thats so coincidental..I got in my car the other morning and my mirror was on the floor also...the glue let go just like yours...dont they just slide apart?
 
Prev
  • 1
  • …
  • 437
  • 438
  • 439
  • 440
  • 441
  • …
  • 1056
Next
First Prev 439 of 1056 Next Last
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

M
Too much for me to repair in my current housing situation
  • My Drama Magnet 04 Gt
  • Apr 1, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
8
Views
376
The Welcome Wagon Apr 14, 2026
Noobz347
J
Exhaust manifold to Y-pipe nut & stud dimensions?
  • joeybuddy96
  • Jul 7, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
156
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Jul 9, 2026
joeybuddy96
J
WTB 89 Hatchback interior trim - any color
  • Zero_chance
  • Jun 14, 2026
  • Want to Buy
Replies
2
Views
145
Want to Buy Jun 14, 2026
Noobz347
P
rear Impact absorbers.
  • Praetorious
  • May 4, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
193
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 5, 2026
Praetorious
P
K
3.8 T5 & Bellhousing to 1987 Lincoln 5.0
  • ks65stang
  • Mar 2, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
3
Views
459
Other Auto Tech Mar 3, 2026
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Community Forums
  • Regional Forums and Event Information
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?