Stangnet gets an AWARD!

I was active on Vintage Mustang Forums for a few years when i had my 70. My interest waned in that once I got the 90. There is plenty of bad information around, but you get good advice here.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I've tried other Forums for other Ford vehicles. Didn't get much anywhere. Different cars have a different level of technical interest from their owners. More guys on here have done more stuff. I'd get more information on the oil pump from a 302 on here, than I would from a Ford Explorer forum even though both vehicles have the same engine.

I find it hard to believe that all Honda forums are that bad. The Honda brand has a pretty dedicated enthusiast following.

Kurt
The forum is great its the people who are uneducated piles at times

My Tacoma forum is moderated by some woman, and other very in your face moderators. Any political talk of any kind gets you banned for a week. They post your name/s on a list. Any name calling and your gone. Of coarse it's Toyota Tacoma's so your dealing with a bunch of tough guy big talkers of all ages. Tacoma's are not that easy to diagnose so you don't get a lot of good answers for common problems Mostly they go on,and on about lifts/lowering. Speaking of forums you gotta see what goes on at Corral. Those guys rip up a poor guy just asking a question.

I’ve messed with a lot of different cars, and by nature a lot of different forums. Bad ranging from literally zero moderator oversight, Lord of the Flies type feel, to Moderator dictatorship with only like minded opinions tolerated. This is definitely one of the better forums. I like “The Car Lounge” on VWvortex a lot too.

I've always had antique ford trucks. I will give a good word about FTE. Ford Truck Enthusiast. That site is good like this one. Lots of older guys building trucks. Friendships and get togethers a couple times a year. I actually miss being on there. I sold this one about 4 or 5 years ago.
WRW_0743.JPG
WRW_0772.JPG
Gorgeous truck there sir. My son and I are working on his 52 Chevy 3100 5 window.. Been a lot of fun, haven't found great forums yet but a few that have been helpful.. SN has been a great resource, truly appreciate all that ya'll offer up.. has helped me a ton in some major and minor ways..

Gorgeous truck there sir. My son and I are working on his 52 Chevy 3100 5 window.. Been a lot of fun, haven't found great forums yet but a few that have been helpful.. SN has been a great resource, truly appreciate all that ya'll offer up.. has helped me a ton in some major and minor ways..
Thanks and enjoy your project!

Alot of the success here I think revolves around how we give permissions to a new account... they cant see parts of the site that the BS'ing happens in and are slowly introduced into them.. We also have some very knowledgeable people on the site and Noobz does a pretty good job of keeping [us] moderators in our own lane so to speak..
I tune so I run that part of the forum ect..

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user