StangNet's Project 67

Progress Thread Stangnet's Project 67

• Sponsors (?)

MRaburn updated StangNet's Project 67 with a new update entry:

Body Works has begun on our Dynacorn Body

601181_10151552002813875_1452925498_n.jpg 559920_10151552002793875_138230733_n.jpg 886692_10151564777238875_259200851_o.jpg

We have installed the CDC upper C sail panels and have started installing and gapping the rear fascia.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: 1 users

RRS Rear Brakes and RRS Watts 3-Link installed

We installed the suspension into our project. We know it's early in the build but in order to gap the car correctly, we need to have it sitting on the ground on the suspension so the body is flexed in its natural position. Pictured is the rear end with the RRS rear brakes and rotors installed and the rear end installed into the dynacorn body.

rrs-watts-3link.JPG rrs-rear-brakes.JPG

I'm trying to get prices on a CDC body kit, but can't find a site for them. Can you send me the contact info for where you got your kit from. I'm also looking to get my windscreens flush mounted. Any info you can send would be greatly appreciated.
Scott

I'm trying to get prices on a CDC body kit, but can't find a site for them.

Scott,

CDC no longer makes this body kit, we got the last one they made. They sold all the parts and molds to a company in Australia.. and I do not know who that is. Sorry.

What do you mean windscreens flush mounted? The front windshield or the side C pilars?

Headlight Buckets Mounted

Finally worked the headlights in. They are mounted to the fenders, not the front cover like a stock setup. We ended up using the light buckets from a 76 Ford bronco/truck setup to get a solid mount. We still need to work on the clearance surround to get a nice gap but the headlights are in nice and will work perfect. They will need to be adjusted before mounting the front fascia for the last time after paint/build.

Project sponsored by CJ Pony Parts

Working the hood gaps

The hood is fitting nicely and we have got the gaps like we want them. Working the hood and fenders took patience to get it all right. The fenders had to be modified quite a bit in the mounting as the fender aprons on this Dynacorn body was off. We had to move the mounting holes and one of the hinges to get this all right.

13 - 11.jpg 13 - 10.jpg 13 - 6.jpg 13 - 1.jpg

Project sponsored by CJ Pony Parts

the Dynacorn 65-66 doors are pretty nice and fit well but the fenders do not fit to the doors.instead of having a slight curve in the middle they are almost sraitght so the middle will have to be ground and rewelded. right now there is a gap at the top and bottom about a 1/4 inch, but touch in the middle. and the inner bracing is not welded in it is only crimped in. were the 67 fenders any better?

the Dynacorn 65-66 doors are pretty nice and fit well but the fenders do not fit to the doors.instead of having a slight curve in the middle they are almost sraitght so the middle will have to be ground and rewelded. right now there is a gap at the top and bottom about a 1/4 inch, but touch in the middle. and the inner bracing is not welded in it is only crimped in. were the 67 fenders any better?

The driver side door was lined up pretty good with the quarter and the rocker... we did a lot of fender work because these fenders were from CDC when the sold off the kit to me, I think they are both Scott Drake fenders. The passenger door was all out of shape. They matched the fenders ok, had to do a little tugging here and there... but it was basically twisted wrong. Also the inner B column was out of whack where the door seals would go.

My body man uses a hammer and a block of wood a lot! :)

The driver side door was lined up pretty good with the quarter and the rocker... we did a lot of fender work because these fenders were from CDC when the sold off the kit to me, I think they are both Scott Drake fenders. The passenger door was all out of shape. They matched the fenders ok, had to do a little tugging here and there... but it was basically twisted wrong. Also the inner B column was out of whack where the door seals would go.

My body man uses a hammer and a block of wood a lot! :)
in all ,i think the Dynacorn fenders are probably better than the Ford. the last couple of sets of ford were terrible. and the Drake fenders were not good at all

in all ,i think the Dynacorn fenders are probably better than the Ford. the last couple of sets of ford were terrible. and the Drake fenders were not good at all

I had to pretty much go with the fenders I got with the kit because they were modified to fit the front fasica, basically the lower front was removed and tig welded.

13 - 5.jpg

Reactions: 1 user