Started the 84 t-top coupe

• Sponsors (?)

Well the wife is getting anxious for her car to be done spring of 2010 so in between waiting on parts for a Cutlass S we are working on for someone, we are officially back on the 84. We wanted to cover the floor with somthing to deaden sound so the local stereo shop sold us the latest and greatest stuff. This stuff is called Hushmat and it was cheper than Dynomat and supposed to work good too.
dec30downloadx-masdogsand84musta-1.jpg

dec30downloadx-masdogsand84musta-2.jpg

Here is the start of the twin turbo setup, scarey isn't it?:lol:

dec30downloadx-masdogsand84mustang0.jpg

dec30downloadx-masdogsand84musta-3.jpg

:stupid:
:jaw:

'Nuff said!

EDIT:

What kind (year etc.) of Cutlass S is it that you're working on?

It's a 69 . 1 of 27, it's a vert, with auto and air. The owner had it at some shop for 12 years and they didn't do anything to it except sell all his parts. So i ended up with it and it has been a pain finding parts. But that's o.k. it's funding the 84.:
intake001.jpg

intake004.jpg

intake005.jpg

Hushmat came out around 10 years ago, i used it to deaden my 89 f150, IMO it applies better than dynamat and works FAR better

Just goes to show how behind the times we are in PA. Glad to know it's good stuff.

Awesome work man. Im in love with your car.
Thanks.

Here is the latest thing to arrive.

intake003.jpg

Started tearing into the dash, gauges are on the way..
intake006.jpg

Damn that's gonna be a sweet Olds. Not sure but I might be of 'slight' help when looking for parts. Somewhat of an Olds fanatic!

Back on topic! What gauges are you planning on runnin??

Wish I would have known that, I mat be contacting you.

The gauges are VDO, really liked the Florida 5.0 setup in the 93 but we wanted to keep the retroness of the original dash.

gauges001.jpg

gauges002.jpg

Here they are installed, we really like the way they look. We are going to put the shift light in one of the vents and an XPI timing lock in the other.
gauges003.jpg

gauges004.jpg

Started on painting all of the plastic interior panels to spruce things up.
gauges005.jpg

Coming along awesome, Terry! Those VDO gauges look retro and fit perfectly. My first car was a '72 Cutlass Supreme, 442 clone. I recommend OPGI, YearOne, and Mondello Performance. Mondello is especially good, since they sell ONLY Oldsmobile restoration and performance parts.

Mondello Performance Products, Inc. - Oldsmobile - (805) 237-8808

Thanks for the tip.

Well I've been screwing around with going from CFI to EFI for 4 days now. It actually looks worse than it is, I think:lol: I'm getting close to being done with it, looks like a real mess though.

wiring004.jpg

wiring003.jpg

wiring002.jpg

wiring001.jpg

wiring005.jpg

I may have missed it, but- What are your plans for the motor itself? Looks like it won't be going hungry! :nice:

Just been waiting for someone to ask that question. After talking with CHP , Fordstrokers(they are behind more than 12 weeks), and DSS, we decided to go with another 331 from DSS but are upgrading to the Boss302 4-bolt main block, also upgraded to the 4340 crank and a few extra goodies. DSS gave us a great price. We have used 2 engines from them both 331 strokers( both stock platform)one has been putting down over 500 rwhp and over 600rw torque for 7 years, turbo charged and both with no issues. The motor should arrive in a week or 2.