Started the 84 t-top coupe

Looking good Terry! Looks like you are well on your way to completion. The wiring on the last page looked like when you used to spend a week wiring a harvester. That was never a good week! Good luck with the rest of the build!

Yea, I suppose if we could get a harvester right, a little fox body mustang isn't so bad.

Got the door panels painted, waiting on the black cartpet peices that go on the bottom.

doorpanelsturbostart001.jpg

And.... here we go, using the original motor for a guide and fabbing up some jigs, here is the begining of the twins. Everything is just rough tacked.

doorpanelsturbostart003.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Well, today was a good day.....

newmotor001.jpg

newmotor002.jpg

newmotor006.jpg

newmotor004.jpg

newmotor005.jpg

newmotor007.jpg

newmotor008.jpg

newmotor009.jpg

newmotor010.jpg

Here's some other stuff too... Happy Valentines day Julie
doneheaders002.jpg

doneheaders003.jpg

The cooler is gonna fit nicely..

doneheaders006.jpg

So is the rad...

newmotor015.jpg

doneheaders007.jpg

The UPR K-member and the 84 steering was a problem

motormounts004.jpg

Ended up fabbing my solid motor mounts and revversing the bolt, and slotting the reciever to help get clearance for screws on the steering
motormounts001.jpg

motormounts002.jpg

motormounts003.jpg

Decided to go with Flaming River steering shaft...
newmotor012.jpg

Went with an Abaco 85mm mass air and a Summit brand 76mm throttle body..

newmotor014.jpg

Ah you could have left the washers in they would have held! How do you like the FR piece? Every so often I check mine to make sure nothing has come loose.....

Terry you think you can snap a couple exterior photos of the car now that the hood is painted etc. I just got mine and wanna see what yours looks like.

Ah you could have left the washers in they would have held! How do you like the FR piece? Every so often I check mine to make sure nothing has come loose.....

Terry you think you can snap a couple exterior photos of the car now that the hood is painted etc. I just got mine and wanna see what yours looks like.

How does your hood look?

wheelthread008.jpg

wheelthread011.jpg

got the other side fabbed and it seems to fit so far so good.
turbofitup001.jpg

turbofitup002.jpg

turbofitup003.jpg

turbofitup004.jpg

I just got finished reading this whole thread and I must say that in addition to your ample skills as a fabricator and painter you have some big round hairy cojones to do this kind of test fitting in that perfect engine bay. May your car never have an itch (so you won't have to scratch it!)

By the way, that pic of the rear end a few pages ago would make JLO herself jealous!

Thanks,everyone, and yes it is a pita to stick that motor in( takes 3 people). The bad thing is that probably isn't the last test fit either.

Got some more done, I love checking stuff off the list. i did the rear package tray in 2 peices at Julie's request, to get around the street cage better.

Here is a shot of the underside, i made it out of the comotex stuff and did interlocking tabs, so it would stay tight together.
seatsin002.jpg

installed...
seatsin003.jpg

The upholstery guy did a fantastic job on the seats, he also covered the rear package tray for us. You can't tell the car is even mini=tubbed from inside...
seatsin005.jpg

seatsin004.jpg

seatsin006.jpg