Steeda CAI/TUNE Installed..Dyno, Pics, Vids!

94GTLaserRC

Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my
15 Year Member
Well, finally got 'er done, and I have mixed feelings. DEFINITELY worth the coin IMO, but a tad bit disappointed. Here is the Dyno sheet..I labelled it in ink to make it more clear:

IMG_2158.jpg

You can see not only did the Peak RWHP increase by 25/27, but looking at the curves, the gains were throughout the entire power band, not just a single digit way up at 6900 rpm :nono: That is the good. Also good was the feel of the car and the great throttle response. Actually even sounds better, but didnt get the chirps in between gears I was looking for. When I go back, gotta check to see if the shifts cant be firmed up even a bit more.

The "bad" was the fact that I figured closer to 355-360 baseling and closer to 390 after. Had a couple factors against us though.

1. Auto (actual less HP)
2. 20" rims that are a bit heavy (actual less HP)
3. The auto had to be dynoed in the 1.5:1 third gear (artificially lowered numbers). This results in about 3-5% lower numbers than a dynoed car at 1:1 (like 5th gear in MT). That would represent about 10-18 more ponies which I will probably get on the road.

Gotta try not to get too hung up on the actual number as much as the experience of driving.

Here's a couple of pics:

IMG_2147.jpg

IMG_2156.jpg

And a couple of vids:

YouTube - Mustang GT 2011 Dyno Run At Steeda Pre-Tune

YouTube - Mustang GT 2011 Dyno Run At Steeda POST-Tune

ENJOY...
RC

• Sponsors (?)

Nice numbers (gain)!!!

Don't sweat the baseline...you already mentioned a bunch of factors working against you there - focus on the fact you just got a 25/27 JUMP for VERY LITTLE EFFORT!!!

I still find that amazing (coming from a '92 5.0L where that kind of increase take a bit of time, money and parts - not just popping in a new air cleaner system and plugging into the computer).

Enjoy it! You just added almost 30 hp to that motor!

Nice numbers (gain)!!!

Don't sweat the baseline...you already mentioned a bunch of factors working against you there - focus on the fact you just got a 25/27 JUMP for VERY LITTLE EFFORT!!!

I still find that amazing (coming from a '92 5.0L where that kind of increase take a bit of time, money and parts - not just popping in a new air cleaner system and plugging into the computer).

Enjoy it! You just added almost 30 hp to that motor!

Thanks for lifting my spirits and making me see the good points.. True on the increase though. My 94 made about 350 to the wheels with full exhaust, torque converter (AODE) and Vortech, and Im past that with all motor, and we all would take x amt of power with pure motor over the same x power with power adder any day. The only thing I was a tiny bit discouraged over was that I see ads/posts stating 35-45 rwhp gains with the tunes and CAI.

Anyway, the SOTP factor alone was worth the upgrade.
Thanks
RC

Pfffft...those base numbers suck! You should sell your car and buy a Honda Civic. FAIL. :notnice:

:D Only kidding man. Those numbers look awesome for a very minimum investment. :nice: You should be very happy. Looking forward to making similar mods to my car.

Pfffft...those base numbers suck! You should sell your car and buy a Honda Civic. FAIL. :notnice:
:D Only kidding man. Those numbers look awesome for a very minimum investment. :nice: You should be very happy. Looking forward to making similar mods to my car.

Youre in Miami? We're planning a trip to Tower Shops (in Ft. Lauderdale)Friday Jan 7. It's just a Friday night hang out where a lot of us bring our cars and park them to show off.

RC

Besides the factors you mentioned that might be "lowering" your results, don't forget also that different dyno's give different numbers. You could put your car on 3 different dyno's and get 3 different results, then (just like on the drag strip) you could put your car on the same dyno on 3 different days and get 3 different results. ;)

I agree your results are impressive! I don't own a Mustang yet (just test-drove a 2011 GT yesterday...), and I'm already considering the same kit you just put on. :D

Don't get into "dyno racing" your car. I was bad with that myself when I had my SS. Your dyno should be your 1/4 time and 1/4 mile mph. even with a bad launch, your mph won't lie and will let you know where your car is at.

That's what Wes says (expert tuner that helped on my 5.0, and is a member in the forums here). He keeps telling me to just go to the track and see what the trap speed is.

About the more time at Steeda...they want me to bring it in to run some tests and other tunes..only costing me my time to go there.

RC