Steeda or UPR CAI

04YELLOWGT

Jun 29, 2005
Indiana
Im buying a CAI tomorrow or Monday and I need to know if one is better than the other. There is a pretty big price difference, the UPR is 139 and the Steeda is 239. I know for a fact the Steeda will give me around 10 hp. Is a $100 worth the Steeda or not?

Thanks for your help
RJ

• Sponsors (?)

how do you know that for a fact? cuz I didn't notice a gain with it and it was the only mod on my car at the time :shrug: I like it though.. looks good, but I highly doubt it's worth 10 hp

no way is it worth 10 hp, i wish it was i have it too. its worth about 2hp.

if you really believe that it will give you 10 hp then the price tag of the steeda is a bargin.

yea cai on a stock gt will give you no noticable gains. and no way in hell will it net you 10 WHP. that's rediculous. like someone else already said, on a near stock gt a cai is just for show/sound. if you havn't already invested in a midpipe, look for a short throw shifter. it is usually a good idea to spend money on mods that actually help increase performance.

If you are going to get a CAI, get the C&L with the 80mm MAF. Yeah its $300 but worth it. I had the Steeda CAI and then went to the C&L and love it. Also as far as gears, get 4.10's. you will love them. You will be sitting at about 2200 RPM at 70 mph on the freeway. Also get a 75mm throttle body. I noticed a bigger difference with that, than with the CAI.

Nates02GT said:
If you are going to get a CAI, get the C&L with the 80mm MAF. Yeah its $300 but worth it. I had the Steeda CAI and then went to the C&L and love it. Also as far as gears, get 4.10's. you will love them. You will be sitting at about 2200 RPM at 70 mph on the freeway. Also get a 75mm throttle body. I noticed a bigger difference with that, than with the CAI.

The C&L is fine but just skip the MAF numerous people have done tests and lost hp with a bigger MAF, only reason for a bigger MAF is if you peg the stock one.