Steeda Stage III Suspension Review

Twilight Blue

Aug 3, 2005
I had the kit installed a few weeks back and I can say that this thing is stiff! It has Tokiko adjustable shocks which I adjusted to their softest setting. I didn't install two items in the kit that I'm procrastinating to doing later, the strut tower brace and the subframe connectors.
The ride is harsh. Going over speed bumps feels like you've driven off a curb especialy in the rear. The ride height didn't seem to be lowered any and my tires don't rub anymore. I tried to see if I can get them to rub and have done everything short of jumping the car on a hill ala Frank Bullitt. The tires simply wont rub anymore and I could't be happier.
Handling is great. I can pretty much take any 90 degree turn at 40MPH without breaking the tires lose or squeeling them. The skidpad has been greatly improved. The only reason I brake for turns anymore is I don't want to scare/anger other drivers! Even without the subframe connectors and strut tower braces, the chasis seems more riggid. THe poly bushings, springs, tubular swaybar and panhardbar really make a positive difference. I still have a degree of understeer which I think is rack and pinion or steering colom related but it feels a lot tighter with the kit.

• Sponsors (?)